Komplete Kontrol doesn't start

davidgoessl
davidgoessl Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi guys, my Komplete Kontrol Software doesn't start. When I double-click it just nothing happens. I have tried to reinstall it multiple times. In my daw the plugin gets recognized but when I try to load it an error message appears. I really don't know what to do, I hope to get it working soon as I am using it in a lot of projects and can't work on them as long as this error is still happening.

Thank you guys in advance,

David

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,263 Expert

The fact that you say “I am using it in a lot of projects” means it was working before?

Did it happen after updates?

Watching your last screenshot I see also the other NI plugins are stated as error. This makes me believe it is more relied to the DAW than the plugins themselves. Or you updated them all together?

Have you already tried a plugins rescan in your DAW?

Are the programs working in standalone?

• davidgoessl
    davidgoessl Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you for answering, sorry that I was not precise enough: it was working before but for some reason, it is not working any longer (I am not sure what has caused the issue). I have tried to rescan multiple times in my DAW. As you mentioned correctly, Maschine2 and Kontakt 7 are not working as well, but other NI plugins like Kontakt or Massive X are working normally. The standalone programs of Komplete Kontrol, Maschine 2, and Kontakt 7 are not working. I already asked FL Support but they told me that it is most likely not a DAW related problem.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,263 Expert

Check what’s their status in Native Access. Installed, demo, locate?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

What is the version of KK and looks like you have the VST2 and not the VST3 plugins available in FLS so do you have the VST3 version installed? If standalone is also not working (I assume the same error appears)? then that suggests more an OS based issue, possibly misssing dependancy like a .net framework.

What is your OS (Win7/10/11)?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

What happens when you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone? Is everything functional? Also check that the version in FL and standalone are the same by clicking on the NI logo.

• Jeremy_NI

@davidgoessl Any update on that topic? Do you still need help?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.