can a talk box be used through a maschine micro mk3 ?

Options
zen drummer
zen drummer Member Posts: 26 Member
edited June 2023 in Maschine

Hi, can a talk box be used through a maschine micro mk3 to get the cool vocal sounds? I saw a video with an akai mpc doing it so i was wondering if the Mikro can be used also. I am a machine user don't care for akai.

thanks

zendrummer

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Options

Yes, Blezzbeats made a VST for it designed for Maschine.

https://www.blezzbeats.com/humbox-vst

• zen drummer
    zen drummer Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Yes but is this for live performance singing with a mic? That's what I want to use it for live singinging. Thanks

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Humbox is an instrument with pre-recorded talkbox samples.

Hi, can a talk box be used through a maschine micro mk3 to get the cool vocal sounds? I saw a video with an akai mpc doing it so i was wondering if the Mikro can be used also. I am a machine user don't care for akai.

Which Maschine controller you own is irrelevant. Assuming you don't want to buy an actual physical talkbox (speaker with a tube) you need a plugin, a vocoder more precisely. NI has 2 products I can think of that can do it, Razor and The Mouth, I am not aware of any others. There are free options like TAL-Vocoder.

In Maschine all of the above work after a vocal is recorded, however, I am not sure you can actually play it live and hear back the vocoded sound, Maschine has a few missing things most DAWs have that might make it impossible, not sure. For example, I don't think external plugs can affect audio input directly... I can give it a try once in on my computer.