Problems with Form

GeorgeX
GeorgeX Member Posts: 21 Member

I used some sounds of form in my cubase instrumental tracks. Everything used to be correct, but now I have this problem: after loading the Cubase file (CPR) the Form-sounds are 2 octaves lower.

When I reload the sound from Form, it's fine again. Then I save the Cubase file. And when I reload it again, I have the same problem: the Form-sounds are 2 octaves lower.

Can someone help me?

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Is there a MIDI track in Cubase to transform -24 semi tones or a setting in the head of the track?

• GeorgeX

I only used instrument tracks, connected with the Form sound.

• Paule

And your keyboard drives through Cubase?

• GeorgeX

Yes, but that's irrelevant. These pieces of music I used to record and after reloading there was never an error before. this has only been the case since today

• Paule
    edited May 2023

Do you use the internal samples or your own to paste them in FORM from anywhere?

If it's the last case Reaktor got an error. There is a rule using samples while you save snapshots or a project. In the same folder where the ensemble is, please create just beneath a folder with the name Samples. With capital S. Copy your samples inside, you can use different subfolders and paste them from there. Please not from anywhere if you want to save something.

this has only been the case since today

What do you change in your setup today?

• GeorgeX

I only used original sounds of form, in this case "emotive bow". sounds a bit like a violin. First normally, then after reload 2 octaves lower.

• GeorgeX

And I didn't change my setup

• Paule

My knowledge is empty now. My last use of Cubase LE was version 7.

• GeorgeX

Thanks for your help. But I think tt's not because of Cubase. The other NI modules don't cause any problems.

• Paule

Do you try to open a new project with single FORM? Is there an issue also.

Myself never recognize this issue in FORM, but I don't use a daw mostly standalone of R6.5.

• GeorgeX

The same problem. I created a new CPR project with an instrument track and a FORM sound; it sounds ok. Then I save and reload - and the sound is 2 octaves down. I tried another FORM sound, same problem, this time the sound is 1 octave lower.

• GeorgeX

By the way: I use Cubase 12 Elements

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 795 Guru

Take some time to go through the form settings when its correct, then carefully check to see if any are different when its wrong. I don't have Form, but I imagine this will take a while...

If there is a setting that is changing, then it's possible that it's a different version (different 'save') of Form that is being loaded where that snap is different... or it's loading a preset that points to a different save of Form... or maybe there's some setting or other that doesn't save with snapshots... or does, but not with DAW automation recall, or something...

If no setting is changing then it could be a bug.

The main thing is to eliminate the things it isn't, so get closer to what the actual problem might be...

Another thing to try would be to create a new mini test project in cubase from scratch and see if the same problem occurs...

Maybe do a search of your file system to see if there are multiple different versions of Form saved... maybe in different locations...

good luck

• GeorgeX

Ok, i will try it.

• GeorgeX

But: doesn't anyone from Native Intruments read this?