Using Maschine (slave) with DAW (master) to trigger Scenes/Sections via PC messages

anton_kitaev
anton_kitaev Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I try to perform live show with following scenario:

• DAW (Logic Pro X/whatever daw) - one progect with different parts/tempo zones each of them is the separate track that i want to play live
  • Maschine plus is in midi sync mode (that means it receives tempo and hardware play button is disabled)
  • In DAW I insert PC# messages at the start of each tempo change to recall dedicated scene/section of Maschine and of course I want these scenes and sections to start play from theirs FIRST beat when maschine receives any PC message while DAW playback - the same as Midi controlled loopers would work
  • The problem is that Maschine somehow reads the exact # of bar from DAW and starts recalled section/scene not from its beginning when receiving PC message
  • In my DAW Progect lets say track1 tempo 120 starts from Bar1 and track2 tempo 100 starts for ex from bar 210 and when Maschine receives PC message that should trigger section for track2 - it starts from 210 bar((( but I want it to start from bar 1 of maschines section

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Hold Shift+Follow/Grid change your "Perform Grid" settings: Enable Retrigger, it forces Scenes/Sections to start from the beginning.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Hold Shift+Follow/Grid change your "Perform Grid" settings: Enable Retrigger, it forces Scenes/Sections to start from the beginning.