Do i need the physical keyboard to install Kontakt 7 to my FL Studio?

brayden
brayden Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

I downloaded a free trial of kontakt 7 and none of the libraries were loading when i installed it in my FL studio. i did a bit of research and the only thing i could find as to why the libraries weren't loading is some guy on Youtube saying that you need to purchase the actual keyboard by native instruments before you can load any of it in your DAW. does anyone have any insight on this before i make the full purchase for Kontakt 7 ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Not true.

Did you download the whole Komplete Start package? Did you get it all working as stand-alone before using it as a plugin within your DAW? Did you download the Komplete Start selections in your account?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

Do you get any error message when you try to load a library?

Can you load libraries just fine when you open Kontakt 7 as a standalone?

Could you show us a screenshot of what you see when trying to load a library?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@brayden Any update? As @Gee_Flat said, you don't need our keyboards at all to launch our plug-ins. By trial of Kontakt 7 do you mean Kontakt Player & Komplete Start. I'm not aware of any other kind of free trial versions.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.