Save a modified factory preset

Options
2»

Answers

• nelligan tetrault
    nelligan tetrault Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Thank you Jester for your reply! Sad it's not on the mk3 but oh well, I guess the script route is the way to go for us perfectionnist ;) ! You mentionned here saving preset using CTRL-SHIFT-S (normal windows shortcut in most app). However, I can't seem to make that happen within Komplete kontrol software. Either within a DAW or standalone. Could you confirm if it works for you while an instrument is loaded within komplete kontrol?

Didn't have any luck with kontakt either.

What's wierd is see the shortcut while using mouse -) file - save as

it's just not working for me at the moment

Thanks

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Options

The normal Windows shortcut only works within Windows and operates on the Windows file manager for any general Windows file. Save As in the context of KK is about saving a proprietary preset in a location controlled by KK.

• nelligan tetrault
    nelligan tetrault Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

CTRL-SHIFT-S does work in maschine (for a save project file in stead of instrument), why not in KK?

Also a user suggested to use that, implying it's working for him? Also why is the shortcut outlined in the file menu if it's not meant to work?

Trying to work for a solution here ;) even just a SAVE function, I could work with not even SAVE AS.

Let's say I have my custom preset already created, I tweak it on the controller, PRESS 1 midi button to save my changes. Move on to next sound, repeat.

It'd be just way faster then to click through menus.

Btw, through Bome midi translator Pro, I can have that midi message translated to pretty much any keyboard button combination, thats why the shortcut would be a huge deal.

Thanks

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

It's strange in KK. If the plugin has focus then the shortcut doesn't work. If you click the logo in top left, the shortcut works.

In KK V3, no idea if it even works, i'd expect it to, but I also expected lots of things that failed to materialise (yet....????)

So there is kind of no simple reliable way really. Suggestions for this have been made, but it's been pretty clear user suggestions are not really considered as useful, not enough statistical data to backup the time needed to invest is what I read...