What the heck? NI

Byrdmanc
Byrdmanc Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Maschine

Akai always releases new Mpc’s and updates but NI only drop sounds…Maschine + is weak and no software updates. Moving to Mpc like everyone else!

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,253 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I have both and both have their strengths.

I agree that it’s a pity NI doesn’t keep up, because if they were active/reactive/proactive like other companies do, I would prefer Maschine over MPC all the time

(Btw: just a suggestion…if you really go to Akai’s world, have a look at Force too. I have it too and in my opinion it is superior to MPC by far (specially if you want to build full songs with automations and all the bells and whistles…or also for live performing). A really underestimated device

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,253 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I have both and both have their strengths.

I agree that it’s a pity NI doesn’t keep up, because if they were active/reactive/proactive like other companies do, I would prefer Maschine over MPC all the time

(Btw: just a suggestion…if you really go to Akai’s world, have a look at Force too. I have it too and in my opinion it is superior to MPC by far (specially if you want to build full songs with automations and all the bells and whistles…or also for live performing). A really underestimated device

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru
    edited April 2023

As a long time MPC user, I don't see anything new from Akai.. Yes, they rereleased two MPCs, but barely touched the insides, just added some RAM.. which still gets eaten up fast due to MPC internally importing all samples as 32bit audio.. Not impressed, really. And the same UI still relies on touch screen. No thanks!

Now granted, automation handling and round robin are both on the MPC's, which are great, but I'm having too much fun with Kontakt & Reaktor to even consider going back to Akai's walled garden..

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited April 2023

The touch screen is amazingly intuitive, and the Force has disk streaming, no need to worry about 32bit audio.

But M+ does have Reaktor, if NI bother updating it to 6.5, nobody knows.

The elephant in the room though, MPC unlikely to become legacy, M+ is almost certain at this point, and who knows if Maschine is going to go too, Soundwide have not shown any interest in it at this point.

YesI know, I'm always the downer, but it pisses me off, Maschine has been my main sound design tool for a lot of years, and it could be dodo soon.

• Byrdmanc
    Byrdmanc Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Very next day a new expansion for maschine and play series…like clockwork. How about at least make play series work with maschine+???