Help with secondhand registration transfer?

benmekler
benmekler Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Contacted NI support about this but have heard nothing back. I purchased a Maschine+ second hand at a store and haven’t been able to use it because I can’t transfer the registration to my account, nor do I have any way to contact the original owner. The only proof of my purchase I have is in the form of messages with the store over a local secondhand sale app (OfferUp). Do I have any way to resolve this other than waiting for/hoping for NI’s help? I’d like to use this thing and it wasn’t cheap - my first NI device. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@benmekler It seems that our registration support agent released the serial from the previous owner and you were able to register it.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,259 Expert

Did you specify in your ticket the problem about contacting previous owner because of the shop intermediary?

• benmekler

I did yeah

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,128 Expert
    edited April 2023

In your case, contacting NI's support team is the only way. Sadly, there is some delay in response at the moment, as written on the Support page. Please be patient.

• benmekler

Bummer - thanks for confirming. Hopefully won’t take too long

• LostInFoundation

Even worst: hopefully they WILL HELP YOU. Another user in similar situation received a no as an answer lately.

They did help me with a new registration serial for an Mikro MK3 some time ago, but now they seem more reluctant. I don’t know if things changed or if depends if you are lucky to speak with the right person…

• benmekler

Jesus. That would be pretty upsetting - hopefully I fair better. I’ll update everyone here

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 64 Helper

Try sending in a copy of your receipt or some form of proof-of-purchase from the store to NI Support together with a snapshot of the hardware serial number with some form of your identifying mark—perhaps a strip of PostIt note with your email address written on it and place the note next to the hardware serial number. I do it all the time when I purchased pre-owned NI hardware with no issue—NI Support may ask a question or two but it usually goes through. I think NI does some background checks to make sure the hardware has not been flagged or reported stolen.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Nice idea about the postit. In my case they didn’t even asked for this, the serial photo was enough. But as I said lately they seem to have changed their policy and someone got refused with a request like this.

Did you have success with something like this very recently?

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 64 Helper

Not recently…the last one I bought was more than a year ago.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@benmekler It seems that our registration support agent released the serial from the previous owner and you were able to register it.