In ear monitor earphones setup

Options
2»

Comments

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    edited April 2023
    Options

I have some Lg earbuds. I tried them out after seeing your post.

The case acts as a transmitter, so it can be plugged into the headphone output and works as wireless monitoring for Djing.

It does have some Latency and the audio seemed a bit different. But I think they might work pretty good. I am planning a broadcast set in the next few days and will test further.

Here is a link to the ones I have. There are a few different I bought mine off of Amazon but as of today they were no longer available. Make sure you pay attention to the model. The less expensive ones do not have the wireless transmitter case. And also the ones that look like Apple earbuds don't stay in my ear. That is why I got the Fitness model.

https://www.lg.com/us/headphones/lg-tone-tf8q-black

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor
    Options

There are some misunderstandings. Our topic is in-ear headphones for professional use. But sometimes examples come for everyday use.

The headphones in the example are too late to ever be used to listen to live audio. This is an unchanging fact. As an example, you can't listen to the sound you want on stage, play computer games, do nothing that requires live streaming. That's why we're talking about large intermediary devices with this title. We compare it with wired use. I would appreciate it if you read what is written in our topic carefully.

• zephry
    edited April 2023
    Options

I was just giving you an example of something I tried. I know exactly what you are trying to accomplish. And the example I gave are not over ear headphones. They are in ear. I do a lot of Dj sets using only headphones and no speakers because I am at home and people are asleep.

I am going to try out what I explained as an option. But I guess I will make my own thread.

• zephry
    edited April 2023
    Options

As far as I know I stayed on topic.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

That is the case.... If you use only headphones, the latency is more acceptable in contrast to standard use of loudspeakers and headphones. In that case, the bigger latency is very distracting.

• zephry
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yeah, I get it. That is why I said I would test them more. But supposedly the headphones by Aiaia that I linked are working for a wireless solution. This was to show a supposedly working (not Bluetooth) example.I couldn't find a good example already being used in Djing that was set up for IN ear wireless. So I linked the Headphones.

And my LG earbuds are not connected to Traktor or my laptop they are connected to the case that is plugged into the headphone jack on the S4mk3. As far as I know this is how the wireless monitoring systems work as well. Meaning there is a transmitter hooked into the headphone jack. This was not meant as a solution. Only as another possible option if anyone is interested.

My limited test seemed to have almost no latency. But I need to test more and with my speakers on. Which I will do soon.

Maybe it won't work, but if it does. That would be awesome.

• Kayya
    Options

@zephry there may be tests, alternative solutions or ideas can be put forward. I just thought things went wrong when I saw the LG brand product :))

Delays may not be felt in small tests, but things won't be the case in the scenario where multiple sounds mix together and there are sudden triggers in the sound. The headset will not be able to transmit the data of that complexity and the sound will always be delayed. I've tested them many times in the past, I was very sorry :)) sometimes I even saw those who reduced the quality of the sound because they couldn't catch up.

• zephry
    Options

I never completely dismiss some of the more popular name brands. Many are starting to compete by adding features and also dealing with latency. Many features are become standard to be used in live broadcast and live game play.

Most of the wireless monitoring systems that i researched for this honestly look like they are not that high quality but they seem to be used a lot by guitarists and even vocalists.

The wireless monitoring are ones that use a receiver are also using another transmitter and not popular for Djing.

That is why I showed a link for some headphones, to show the technology and probably what works.

My mention of LG earbuds was just because I already have them. And they seem pretty good. I only bought them for listening and had no plans of ever trying them for Djing. I tried them out because I read this post and remembered they had a transmitter case. I don't think any other company makes this technology available with any earbud.

• Kayya
    Options

@zephry I have absolutely respect for this. I convey my love. :))

• zephry
    Options
  • zephry
    Options

Ok...I tested the LG with the wireless transmitter and also had my headphones over the earbuds. At first the latency (delay) was pretty bad between the two.

I used a setting in the phone application to set a gaming mode and improved the latency(delay). But it wasn't perfect. The sound quality is also lower and the volume low.

It was worth a test, I am still going to try using them for a Dj Set. But definitely will mostly use these for listening.