Unable to download Kontakt Factory Selection 2

Options
Abe Powell
Abe Powell Member Posts: 0 Newcomer

I've tried to download KFL2 FOURTEEN times (on #15 now - generally taking about an hour before self destruct) through the Native Access app and also NINE times from a Google Drive link provided in another thread. It always fails with no other message than "Download Failed". It seems to get about 25 gigs in and I've never had any download issues before - I'm generally wireless but plugged Ethernet in and still no success. All other Kontakt libraries are downloading fine and fast.

I reckon I've downloaded 1TB just trying to get this one *iso file.

I've removed the *iso and *aria2 files before every retry and trawled the forums and web for solutions. I thought having a Google Drive workaround would be risky but I can't even download that.

Basically I've just dropped a few hundred bucks to fast track a project but now wasted a couple of days trying to get this thing to just do a basic download. I've sent the issue to the NI support but no word as yet.

A simple mirror download or ****** would be great but the best solution would be to break the library up if the NI servers can't efficiently deliver a 40GB package - in the best cases that will download in 5 to 10 mins from my connection.

Please Help!!!!

Comments

• CDSMusic
    CDSMusic Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Same thing here, can't download it, I get the Download Failed message too...

• Nick Hope
    Nick Hope Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Same here in Native Access 3.8.0. The Kontakt Factory Selection 2 download is supposed to be 6.76 GB. It says "Downloading" for a while, then I get the "Download Failed" message. Then is says "Installing" (but obviously isn't). I have a reliable and fast internet connection.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,922 Guru
    Options

Maybe it has to do with the folder.

I had the same issue and this helped me:

Make a custom folder for plugins and then go to the File Management to change the plugin location to that folder, then try downloading again.

Let me know if it helped.

• Nick Hope
    Nick Hope Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks. My "Content Location" folder is set to "M:\NI Libraries". It has been set to that for a long time and I've successfully downloaded numerous libraries to it. It has 877 GB free.

Anyway, after showing "Installing" for a good while, the status changed to "Queued" and appeared stuck on that. I finally clicked it to cancel (with the intent to reboot then restart Native Access and try again) but it changed to "Installed". And the libraries are indeed installed. The installed "Kontakt Factory Selection 2" folder is 6.51 GB and the instruments folder in it contains Acoustic, Band, Beats, Synth and Vintage.

So all good, but Native Access was sending confusing feedback about what was actually going on.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,922 Guru
    Options

Glad the issue is solved, sir!