How can I get my GR5 presets in GR6?

Robert Horn
Robert Horn Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I have a problem. I have been working on a very old Macbook Pro using Logic Pro with Guitar Rig 5 (and before that GR4) for many years. The operating system is El Capitan.

Recently, I was given a newer Macbook Pro with Monterey as the operating system. I would like to migrate my Logic Pro X projects to that macbook. But I can’t install GR 5 as it is no longer supported and does not work on Monterey.

So, I had no choice but to buy Guitar Rig 6. That’s fine. But I still need all my presets from Guitar Rig 5 (and even 4) to be able to work on those projects on the Macbook with Monterey.

When I upgraded to GR5 from GR4, it allowed me to import the presets from 4 to 5.

Is there some way I can import the presets from GR5 into GR6 on the Macbook with Monterey as the operating system?

I am really stuck on this. I don’t want to lose all my GR5 and 4 presets. Thank youin advance to anyone who might be able to help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,709 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

If your old presets are still on the original laptop can’t you just copy over the folder with them in and import them? I’m not aware of any requirement to install an older version on the same computer which as you say would not be feasible

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209584169-How-to-Import-Presets-into-GUITAR-RIG

• Robert Horn

Hi Kymeia. Thanks for your suggestion. But I don't see where the presets are stored. On my old Macbook, when I go to the Native Instruments folder and open the Guitar Rig 5 folder, all that is there is the application itself and a folder that say documentation. There is no preset folder in the documentation folder, and if I click on the appiclation it opens, naturally. So where would this folder containing the presets be? Thanks so much.

• Robert Horn

Ah, I think I found them. Not where I expected. I will give your suggestion a try and report back in 24 hours. Thank you so much.

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

On Mac it's user/Documents/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 5 (for any you have made yourself - factory racks are in the Application Support folder)

• Robert Horn

And where do I find the Application Support folder? It doesn't appear to be in the same place as the other stuff.

• Kymeia

/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 5 (same as Guitar Rig 6)