External MIDI Instrument Preset for Roland SE-02

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
edited February 15 in Maschine

Here is my attempt on making an External MIDI Instrument Preset for the Roland / Studio Electronics SE-02 Synthesizer. Copy the MXSND file in your Maschine 2/Sounds directory (or a subdirectory like "External Instruments" therein, if you like).

Let me know whether it is useful to you or if you'd like to see changes.

This is version 0.9 because it is neither extensively tested nor do I know whether it will work across various installations.

@Kaiwan_NI , @Jeremy_NI @Mark_NI : Let me know if Native Instruments would like to include this in the official distribution.

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@ozon Thanks for sharing!

• anzbert
    anzbert Member Posts: 39 Helper

Hey @ozon .

I've started collecting midi mappings that are not on Maschine by default over here: https://github.com/anzbert/maschine_map_externals

Would you be ok if I added your mapping to it?

• ozon

Sure!

Please link back to this thread to gather feedback.

• anzbert

Of course. Will do! Thx a lot

• anzbert

Ok done.thx!!

On another note, @ozon .... Did you by any chance comment on my midi mute and route device for Maschine on the Reaktor ensemble page?

Just seen the exact same name over there in the comments 😅. Could the world be this small?

• anzbert
    edited January 17

Ah wow haha!

Thx for the nice comment then! ❤️

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru

"MIDI mute and route device for Maschine".. ? I'm listening

• anzbert

Hey @tetsuneko .

Here is a link: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14799/

It's a Reaktor device to record mutes and routes to different effect chains on Maschine. Just read the description when you follow that link :)

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru
    edited January 18

cheers man, this sounds great, I'll give it a go

Whoa, it even works in M+ standalone! This is awesome. It's a Reaktor fx then, right? Never knew you can also send MIDI data to a Reaktor FX, this would be a superb addition for the Autotune ens I've ported. How do you make it work?

• anzbert
    edited January 18

You can just create a midi input in the Reaktor ensemble. In Reaktor, you can also select a specific receive channel or just set the ensemble to omni, which is probably the best.

In Maschine , you just route midi to the Sound slot where your plugin is loaded in the channel settings.

It's pretty straightforward!

Do you have this autotune ensemble already released? I would like to check it out as well :)

You can just follow the instructions on my mute and route tool and set up the inputs like I did in the Reaktor editor. Should work for you as well

• ozon

@tetsuneko wrote

cheers man, this sounds great, I'll give it a go

It‘s the sh!t!

You can do absolutely crazy stuff live but also record the triggers into patterns.

We‘d need a whole discussion about this Ensemble alone! (And these posts need to be moved over)

• anzbert

Yeah, I haven't even gone into all the weird, glitchy stuff you could sequence with this little tool.

I think it has a lot of potential. I mean, until Native Instruments will let us record mutes and lock states, this is almost the next best thing.

I already posted about this tool before, I think

• anzbert

Actually, I haven't posted about it, it seems. I might start a new post, not to hijack this one.

• ozon
    edited January 18

@anzbert wrote

Yeah, I haven't even gone into all the weird, glitchy stuff you could sequence with this little tool.

That IMO is the real strength and I think it goes way beyond Mutes or Lock States.

For example: Take a repetitive bass line, send it to the Mute & Route, set up three different types of effects (distortion, flanger, delay) and start gating the hell out of that bass line into the different fx. Can distract me for hours! 😅

You can easily come up with a couple of creative variations you won’t have otherwise.