Recording Problems

Options
Esteban
Esteban Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
while I am recording a set, the audio sounds perfect and there is no decrease in the quality of the tracks, but when I review the recording it sounds too low and the tracks lose a lot of quality, what can I do?

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Options

Hi @Esteban, to begin with, I'd like to ask you to type your question directly but not to use c/p the way you did as it renders your post quite unreadable without c/p-ing it again. THX!

The volume of Traktor recordings is quite low by design, it's a security measure in order to save recordings from being ruined by accidental volume peaks. My usual workflow is to amplify my recordings, e.g. with Audacity. I recommend to do so and then also check the audio quality again.

• Natalia.elle
    Natalia.elle Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have a similar problem which I've been trying to look into. I'm using TRAKTOR PRO 3 on my MacBook Pro 14 with M1 chip - it's connected to a DJM 850 by a USB-B to USB-C cable. The sound quality of the mix I recorded in Traktor is less clear and less vibrant than the original music files.

I did quite a bit of searching but there doesn't seem to be much info. Please help :)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,360 Expert
    Options

Could it be that is just lower / quieter?

Have you tried normalizing it to 0 dB?