Scanning files Traktor pro 3

Hey guys, How do i stop Traktor from scanning files when i open traktor? Ive unchecked the box but its still doing it

😥

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @Urban Groove, it would be good to know which process you are actually referring to when mentioning "scanning files": is it analysis? Consistency check? Perhaps you can create a brief screen recording of Traktor's startup sequence and post it here?

• Urban Groove
    Urban Groove Member Posts: 13 Member

It scans the tracks at the bottom when i go into my music folders

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro
    edited March 2023

Which Traktor version are you using?

My guess is, your collection-file might be broken. As far as I know, the "scanning" only appears when you import new tracks (before analysing and consistency checking).

You could try to "make" a new collection-file.

Update to the latest version of Traktor.

Start Traktor and let it do its thing. After Traktor has started up and scanned the files make a Consitency Check and after this go to the following folder and keep Traktor running while doing this:

Native Instruments -> Traktor 3.8.0

Drag the "collection.nml"-file from the folder to your desktop (or whatever- but don't trash it yet).

Now, close Traktor and a new collection-file will be generated. (You could also use right-click on "Track Collection" in Traktor´s browser and hit "Save Collection" and then restart Traktor.)

If this doesn't solve your problem you can easily revert to your old collection-file. Simply trash the new one and put the "old" collection.nml back in the Traktor folder. While reverting to your "old" file, Traktor has not to be running. (This is only for creating a fresh file of your collection)

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

THX! Can you please specify which box it is you unticked?

Also, it would be great to hear whether the recommendations @c0nsul gave helped here (Thanks by the way 😉).

• Chapalo
    Chapalo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

I have the same problem. At each start Traktor will scan all the files in my collection (and I've got a lot!), it takes hours, that's really annoying. It is a new behaviour for me. It never happened before. I didn't update or changed something in the settings. Everything was working fine yesterday, and today the nightmare started.

I tried the tip given by c0nsul but it didn't work. It drives me crazy as it takes literally hours to scan the whole collection, meanwhile I can't use Traktor...

• chuiii
    chuiii Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Same for me. Surely there is an option not to scan folder? MODS? DEVS?

• Monstrosity
    Monstrosity Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Did anyone find a solution?

• fronbasal
    fronbasal Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

No solution to this annoying problem?