hi im not seeing any cover art for paid apple files,??? bandcamp files are fine. this is in pro3.804

hi im not seeing any cover art for paid apple files,??? bandcamp files are fine. this is in pro3.8046 or DJ2 why?? im on a mac intel with Ventura

Best Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Tomstime , I am sorry to hear about the hassle!

We have been having a lot of reports like this lately. In fact, it's a problem transversal to all the music software industry that relied on Apple to access iTunes/Music library and integrate it in their apps. It is getting harder to access this information with the tools Apple provide, and there is no guarantee of reliability. 

With all the security implemented on Apple side, it is being really difficult to our team to guarantee all the info from iTunes/Music, and the covers are one of the first things to drop out.

Our suggestion is to stop managing your libraries with non-DJ apps, as it is not getting better over time.You can still import cover for each track individually, right-clicking it in the Traktor Browser and selecting IMPORT COVER.

They should all be in this location, however the work to have them all imported will be substantial as you need to do it one by one:

User Library/Containers/com.apple.APMArtworkAgent/Data/Documents

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro
    Answer ✓

If you are managing your music with apple´s music.app, try using the "Re-embed Artwort" script from https://dougscripts.com/

This resolved my artwork problems.

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Tomstime , I am sorry to hear about the hassle!

We have been having a lot of reports like this lately. In fact, it's a problem transversal to all the music software industry that relied on Apple to access iTunes/Music library and integrate it in their apps. It is getting harder to access this information with the tools Apple provide, and there is no guarantee of reliability. 

With all the security implemented on Apple side, it is being really difficult to our team to guarantee all the info from iTunes/Music, and the covers are one of the first things to drop out.

Our suggestion is to stop managing your libraries with non-DJ apps, as it is not getting better over time.You can still import cover for each track individually, right-clicking it in the Traktor Browser and selecting IMPORT COVER.

They should all be in this location, however the work to have them all imported will be substantial as you need to do it one by one:

User Library/Containers/com.apple.APMArtworkAgent/Data/Documents

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro
    Answer ✓

If you are managing your music with apple´s music.app, try using the "Re-embed Artwort" script from https://dougscripts.com/

This resolved my artwork problems.