How do you properly save a file that includes Samples and Slices?

NatureTech
NatureTech Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi, I'm relatively new to MASCHINE, but having fun learning. The more I learn, the more its depth is revealed to me and the easier it gets to work with. However, there are a few processes I haven't been able to figure out.

One of them is the saving of files that include my own samples.

When I save the file to come back and work again later, the recorded sample is still there, but the slices that I created are not. So each time I open the file, I have to re-create the slices. Isn't there a way to save the slice information in the file, too?

Best Answer

• wzdm.85
    wzdm.85 Member Posts: 67 Helper
    Answer ✓

Hey, for your first question, try going to the File tab in the Maschine software and clicking Save Project with Samples. That will bundle the whole project together, so if you move or share the project, no samples will go missing.

For your second question, I am assume that your chops are being preserved, but you need to go into Keyboard mode to access them. With the sample that you chopped selected, click the Keyboard button, found above the pads. There are multiple ways to chop a sample, two of which are To Pad and To Group. If you want the chops spread out on a group, choose To Group and then select which group you want them on. Otherwise, the chops are stored on the original pad and accessed through Keyboard mode.

Answers

• wzdm.85
    Answer ✓

Hey, for your first question, try going to the File tab in the Maschine software and clicking Save Project with Samples. That will bundle the whole project together, so if you move or share the project, no samples will go missing.

For your second question, I am assume that your chops are being preserved, but you need to go into Keyboard mode to access them. With the sample that you chopped selected, click the Keyboard button, found above the pads. There are multiple ways to chop a sample, two of which are To Pad and To Group. If you want the chops spread out on a group, choose To Group and then select which group you want them on. Otherwise, the chops are stored on the original pad and accessed through Keyboard mode.

• NatureTech
    NatureTech Member Posts: 4 Member

Thank you, thank you...thank you!

I've been trying to learn maschine without the software just to make sure I know how to use most of it that way first, but it may be time to start taking in the software's attributes now, as well.

• wzdm.85

Yeah, that's a good call for sure.

There's only a few things I go to the software for. One of which is that first save with all samples.

• Jay Mehler
    Jay Mehler Member Posts: 3 Member

hello there...i found this answer when googled how to save in single package file ...i am following your directions but it still saves a sample folder ...any new advice? thank you for any help youre able