Automating Modwheel for Electric Sunburst Session Guitarist? CC#?

Kev SF
Kev SF Member Posts: 19 Member

Hello,

I'm trying to change the automation of a pitch bend on the Electric Sunburst Kontakt instrument. I've recorded a particular note via midi with the pitchbend, but the bend goes up instead of down. I'd just like to find the method of simply drawing-in or rewriting the opposite automation for the mod wheel's movement. But I can't find the CC# to bring up the parameter graphically in LUNA.

Thanks,

Kev

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

AFAIK pitch bend is not assigned to any CC#. It is a NRPN data stream. ModWheel usually defaults to CC#1. Some keyboards (NI S Mk1 series) could assign the PB touch strip to any CC# in MIDI mode. Not sure about Mk2 series.

You could try to record PB using the Kontakt Virtual Keyboard at the bottom of the GUI and then inspect your DAW track for the data to see what it shows.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

AFAIK pitch bend is not assigned to any CC#. It is a NRPN data stream. ModWheel usually defaults to CC#1. Some keyboards (NI S Mk1 series) could assign the PB touch strip to any CC# in MIDI mode. Not sure about Mk2 series.

You could try to record PB using the Kontakt Virtual Keyboard at the bottom of the GUI and then inspect your DAW track for the data to see what it shows.