Key D2 of my Komplete keyboard S49 doesn't respond

Options
DANY DARMON
DANY DARMON Member Posts: 2 Member

My S49 Komplete doesn't work with Logic but works in stand alone mode.

I have changed my S49 with an A49 and it works meaning the problem comes from the keyboard and not from Logic.

Any idea ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Options

@DANY DARMON Did you check that it was also happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone or even as a standard MIDI keyboard in your DAW? You should check the MIDI activity of the device on the D2 key: How to Monitor the Input of a MIDI Controller

If the key is not working in any of these cases, get in touch with our Hardware department: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

• DANY DARMON
    DANY DARMON Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It doesn't happpen in Komplete Kontrol in standalone, only when I use a plug-in in my Daw (logic)

in this case no sound when pressing key D2

There is a midi activity pressing the key note D2 but no sounds, and if I try to record it doesn't work.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,598 Expert
    Options

Sounds like you may have something MIDI mapped in Logic for the D2 key so it is being intercepted.

A quick test I usually suggest in this case is use the Transpose keys on the keyboard to shift the whole keyboard range up/down then try the same key again. If it starts working but a new key is not (the issue follows your transpose shift) then the issue is not the keyboard, it is that note is being consumed by something else, often a learned parameter in the DAW. Since you also say it is fine in Standalone KK, that seems the likely culprit.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DANY DARMON There is a lot of possibilities to assign MIDI events, notes or CC in Logic, even by mistake. I'd recommend to look in that direction. A drastic way is to reset Logic preferences to its default settings, as explained here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200260