Drumlab map to note

Caron Martin
Caron Martin Member Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Hi, I want to trigger a groove in drumlab to a single note on my RD-2000. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have selected C-1 but Drumlab is trigged on the 3 notes below and only one beat is heard. Same thing happens if I select another key or even none. The groove doesn't start.

If I start the groove manually in Kontakt I can stop it by playing one of the last 3 notes/keys of the keyboard. But pressing it again doesn't start the groove.

Is there a way to fix this or is it an issue with the plugin itself?

Thanks for answering,

MartinC.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Caron Martin The play buttons or patterns can't be assigned to any kind of MIDI messages. The only way is to press the Play button. You could drag and drop the MIDI parts in your DAW and then maybe assign these clips to a MIDI note or MIDI message, depending on what DAW you are using.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Caron Martin The play buttons or patterns can't be assigned to any kind of MIDI messages. The only way is to press the Play button. You could drag and drop the MIDI parts in your DAW and then maybe assign these clips to a MIDI note or MIDI message, depending on what DAW you are using.