Getting That Beatles Sound

Options
Karlws
Karlws Member Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi I am a Mouldy Oldie and have taken up guitar, for my pleasure only. Now that I am retired I have time to learn the guitar and record myself for some extra fun. I would like to ask if anyone knows if there are any presets, or what settings (amps and pedals) I would need to get the Beatles sounds using guitar rig 6 software. I would like to play the sounds I grew up with that genuine sound. Any guidance would be most appreciated

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023
    Options

Early Beatles sound is really about those Rickees and George's Gretch - Country Gentleman. Distinct sounding guitars. Too bad Scarbee didn't make a Richenbacher 325 sample library, he made the bass.

One sound you could emualte is the Leslie cabinet - like the solo on Let it Be - using a Rotator. But no DSP can emulate pickups going through overdriven tubes like the intro to Rain. I guess its possible to make a fake simulation.

But watch this and I'm sure you can find a sound that will sound like these. Tube Skreamer or the GR6 equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

Guess I didn't really answer your question, but I can't help myself when it comes to talking about music. And I don't care what anyone thinks about that.

I could talk about it all day. Try and stop me.

• Karlws
    Karlws Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Actually you did help you gave me a starting point and a general direction where to start looking. So thank you for the assistance, and I'll see where it leads me 😀