Unable to assign knobs in IK SampleTank 4

Options
mfny
mfny Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello,

I cant seem to get assigning knobs to work with SampleTank 4 loaded in Komplete Kontrol.

Clicking on the lock icon to unlock, then the icon to the left of it to start assignment, then clicking on a control in plugin UI then turning a knob on my controller (A49) results in nothing happening.

Am I perhaps doing it wrong or is this the correct way ?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You have to right click knobs in sampletank and enable "automation" first, but there are bugs in Sampletank I am waiting for them to fix, tho doubt they ever will. WHen you save NKS files some parameters will get the wrong ID saved. Specifically, FX On/Off buttons are a big issue and IK have confirmed the issue but have not even hinted that a fix will be done, only they have logged the problem.

I am working on NKS for IK products with Syntronic mostly done, just Sampletank I ahve to wait for this fix or only have a small number of parameters.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓
    Options

You have to right click knobs in sampletank and enable "automation" first, but there are bugs in Sampletank I am waiting for them to fix, tho doubt they ever will. WHen you save NKS files some parameters will get the wrong ID saved. Specifically, FX On/Off buttons are a big issue and IK have confirmed the issue but have not even hinted that a fix will be done, only they have logged the problem.

I am working on NKS for IK products with Syntronic mostly done, just Sampletank I ahve to wait for this fix or only have a small number of parameters.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Options

Hello,

have you tried it this way: https://youtu.be/P8sm1hKHUoU

• JesterMgee
    Options

The issue with IK is the same as things like Omnisphere and UVI, controls need to first be enabled for automation control before they can be learned. Usually the case for large "modular" instruments because there are just too many parammeters to be listed as automatable.