HPD 20 using kontakt instrument
Bought a HPD 20 and I can add this device as external midi and record in Logic Pro 10 - M1 . Not able to use the kontakt instrument using the HPD as midi .how to map the Indian instruments ?
this guy explains very good how you can change midi messages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJ-7HbXGP40
That’s about a drum kits that has all the midi mapping there . It’s not the same in India - Tabla kontakt .
in case I figure this out will share .
any experienced soul out there ?0
Then play the tabla on a keyboard or in your DAW, then you know what notes you need to sety so the kontakt virtual piano shows the notes in colour. It's pretty the same process as in the video.0
Ok thanks . I had seen this video and tried and then posed this question initially . May be I am missing something. While trying to map on the notes on any main and subs do not trigger the sound . Yes it looks to be straight and simple .
The HPD-20 can be a great tool when using it as your MIDI output source to trigger sounds in the computer or in an external device - (Sound module, sampler, sequencer, etc.). You can do this with either the MIDI connection on the back panel, or through the HPD-20's USB Computer port depending on your particular setup.
In most cases, you will need to match the MIDI note numbers in the HPD-20 with your external device. Here's how to assign MIDI Note numbers to the pads in the HPD-20:
1. Choose a Kit that you'd like to edit.
2. Press MENU.
3. Press cursor right (>) to highlight the "KIT" icon, and then press ENTER.
4. Press cursor right (>) to highlight the "MIDI" icon, and then press ENTER.
5. Hit one of the pads (or an external pad) that you'd like to assign a MIDI Note number to.
6. Press the + or - buttons to choose the desired Note number (0-127). If you do not want to transmit a Note number for that pad, press and hold the + button until you select "OFF." Tip: To scroll through the numbers quickly, press + and - together.
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for any remaining pads as desired.
8. Press the KIT button when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.
This way you can change the midi note every pad sends out and that way you can use it with every instrument.0
Also one important thing to check is the MIDI channel emitting from the HPD 20. Kontakt will load some instruments to MIDI channel 1 by default. Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT0
- 10.6K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 442 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 206 Tech Talks
- 1K Native Access
- 4.9K Komplete
- 614 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 483 Reaktor
- 151 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 204 Massive X & Synths
- 211 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.2K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators