collecting kontakt samples from large NI libraries

ntula
ntula Member Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

my question is in regards to collecting kontakt samples from large NI libraries. what i want to to is just save the samples and instrument/muti it's own library from the large 35GB library. It is the only instrument/multi i use from it, and thus want to save disc space by only having the single instrument/multi with it's respective sample files on my main drive (i use it all the time).

when i start to try to do this, it states it is going to erase the multi. can i do this. as i click ok it brings me to the documented dialog box. now if i (can) do this, will it create a new multi/instrument independent, except for license, of the original large library with just that multi and the respective samples only that i can load into kontakt as a new user multi or will it still be linked to the entire library and appear in that with new directory links. (i want a new instrument with just the samples that i can load into maschine as just this instrument only)

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

You cannot do that with Kontakt Player encoded libraries (which are all libraries coming from NI, and then some).

• ntula
    ntula Member Posts: 8 Member

yes i found out, you simply cannot even select the origin for the files... i seem to remember being able to do this for kontakt 3, 4, and 5, NI libraries provided the libraries were originally installed correctly/licensed.

that would be a great addition, the ability to save with samples as just single instruments from a large library as laptops can have limited disc space if one does not want to always tether them to an external drive as well as ridding some of the bloat from samples that one may not ever use...

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

That won't happen, samples are in monoliths for Player libraries for a reason.