Maschine Plus isn't very good at doing nothing - which is a problem.

2»

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

Just wanna say that is one of the funniest comments I've read in this entire forum.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 120 Advisor
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited February 2023

Ok, that could be a hint, especially the MIDI in. Does it also crash if you physically disconnect the MIDI cables?

• ozon
    edited February 2023

@darkwaves reported above to have been working on a project for over a week and not shutting down the M+ once.

That suggests a test with an empty project will not result in a crash. BTW, a crash results in the M+ opening an empty project… might be hard to detect if it crashed (need to check the logs, which probably requires developer knowledge).

Since @S Righteous has the M+ hooked up to another sequencer and the CPU is actually working pretty hard, the reason for the crash could be anything including a memory leak in any component (firmware, drivers, os, software, plugins) or some poisonous MIDI messages, or a power glitch.

Talking about power glitches:

• Is there any stress on the power connector or cable, or some pull?
    • Are you using the original power adapter?
    • Any chance you could run your M+ properly powered (15V@2.66A) off a power bank?
  • ozon
    edited February 2023

It could actually also be a thermal issue leading to heat related failure of the CPU or some other component. Where do you place your M+ when not working on a project (on desk, drawer, stand, using a cover cloth or desksaver)? Is there enough room for ventilation of the unit?

Anyway, you probably already have a couple of crash logs on your SD card under:

• /Maschine+/Native Instruments/logs
    • /Maschine+/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Crashlogs

If not, create these paths and let it crash once or twice again.

Submit a bug report with these logs.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Could possibly be some left over power saving feature that has gone wrong/not been removed fully in their Linux Build.

• MelvinsSludgeDoom_6
    MelvinsSludgeDoom_6 Member Posts: 1 Member

M+ isn't performing very well in action either. Performing an auto sample crashes, for me, 50% of the time. Sampling either internal or external synths.

Frustrated.

• S Righteous
    S Righteous Member Posts: 148 Helper

This 'might' be a clue. I was working on a large project on friday night. I had converted all plug-in audio to samples, so the entire project is now samples only, no plug-ins. It sat there until I was able to get back to it on sunday night, and it was fine, did not crash.

I wonder if plug-ins were causing my crashes?

I mostly only ever used Massive, and pretty much nothing else - other than native FX of course.

• S Righteous
    S Righteous Member Posts: 148 Helper
    edited February 2023

I loaded up a project using only Massive and let it sit for a day - M+ didn't crash.

Not that I wanted it to, but I superstitiously thought it probably would.