What's wrong with Mikro Mk3, four years after release.
Hi to you all, been fascinated with this little, very well-constructed brick, but I still don't know why Native Instruments haven't done a proper update on some basic features FOUR YEARS LATER. Hope you can help me resolve this issues:
On Maschine 2 Standalone software:
- On PADS 13,14,15,16, the shift function doesn't work, can't semitone -, semitone+, octave-, octave+ (PAD MODE nor KEYBOARD) even when there is an OBVIOUS name on those PADS. *****? 🤬
- I can't change volume on a sound WITHOUT touching the pad and HEARING the sound, I can't just use the SELECT button to focus on a sound and then use the VOLUME button. Is just goes all the time back to the project volume. *****?? 🤬🤬
- If I press the PLUG-IN button the software goes to Sound Effects, ok. If I press PLUG-IN and GROUP button it goes to Group Effects, ok. There isn't a way to go to Master Effects. *****??? 🤬🤬🤬
As a VST on Ableton Live 11:
- The play and stop button doesn't work.
- I can't stop what I do on Maschine 2 when the loop ends. I can only end it exactly when I press the Ableton Stop button, and that's not very exact for a live performance. If I use the Stop All Clips button on Ableton, Ableton ends on the end of the bar/loop but Maschine keeps playing. *****? 🤬
MY solutions (not Native Instruments solutions 😎):
On Maschine 2 Standalone:
- On PAD MODE and KEYBOARD, the knob automatically gets on Base Key and Root Note, if I want to change the tune of a whole group, just press GROUP and TEMPO/TUNE at the same time. Is not as good as octave or semitones pads WORKING, but...
- Change the volume with the mouse on the laptop 😒, I can press the pad VEEEEEERY softly but it always make a sound.
- Go there with the mouse on the laptop 😒, but that's not ok right? On Ableton I can use the Maschine 2 VST track as a master and put effects and things there.
On Ableton 11:
- I use the Controller Editor software, Mackie Control Template and check "Host Transport Control". Then I MIDI Map on Ableton play, stop and metronome buttons. (Use MackieControl as Control Surface and Maschine Mikro Mk3 on Input - Output)
- Maschine 2 can end after a bar if I set the SYNC tab to "1 bar", when I change scenes I can change to a blank/new scene and it ends when I need it to 😒 very strange glitch/fix. But for that Ableton AND Maschine 2 ends at the same time I have to press two things, the stop button (mapped to Stop All Clips on Ableton) and the scene change PAD 🤪🤪🤪
Other way is to play with Ableton's dummy clips and make an envelope for the channel volume so it goes to zero at the end of a bar. 🤪🤪🤪
I think this could be easier on a simple update. C'mon Native Instruments, pay one hour of work for a guy that can make a HUGE update for this still-not-so-great controller.
How do you guys resolve this issues?
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 851 Hangout
- 78 NI News
- 411 Tech Talks
- 1.9K Native Access
- 8.6K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.2K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.1K Kontakt
- 728 Reaktor
- 252 Battery 4
- 493 Guitar Rig & FX
- 287 Massive X & Synths
- 512 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 3.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators