Known issues

2»

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod

Have your software check if my machine meets the base specs for an update (including updates of Native Access) and DO NOT ALLOW me to update to software that will not work on my machine. Stop breaking my
    machine and wasting my time with badly written updates that aren't backwards compatible.

People have been asking this since first there were problems related to this. I myself asked this again as late as March 22 in a post to the CPO over here , quote :

Also N.A. ought to be smarter at understanding user setup/environment and not install updates to libraries on setups with e.g. Kontakt versions not supporting the updates. (You can download free Kontakt Players ? , then what if people do not want to open their library in the Player version ?). (Same goes for KK3 on systems having KK2 where they uses VST2 version in their DAW ! People ought to be at least informed of consequence of updating with a big popup asking if they are sure that they want to do that with a warning explanation !)

• Anthony H
    Anthony H Member Posts: 47 Member

Ok, how will we know this fix is available, and how will it work - does it involve a full reinstall? I have the installer for NA 3.10 but trying to reinstall it doesn't work. Is there a NA Uninstaller?

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 526 Pro

"Have your software check if my machine meets the base specs for an update (including updates of Native Access) and DO NOT ALLOW me to update to software that will not work on my machine."

Wow, I just imagined the ****** storm which would be caused by that.

That said, how do updates "break your machine"?

• PoorFellow

I have this link for you if that helps : NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0 (in case of a download problem then try log in to Google)

If using N.A. 3.8.0 works then either follow the copy forth and back advice here or be the first to try to check out if this fix works for Mac too

How to Uninstall Native Access 2 :

Delete the following files and folders from your computer:

Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Access.app

Macintosh HD > Users > *User name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.Native Access.plist

Macintosh HD > Users > *User name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Native Access (folder)

Note: The User Library is a hidden folder on macOS. To access it, click Go in the Finder menu bar and press down the Alt key. The Library entry will now appear in the menu.

ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon must have full disk access. : How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS and disks must be of correct format : Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 316 mod

Hey,

Feel free to reach out to customer care to get it looked at. You're likely to be right, and it's a misconfiguration on our end. We're happy to resolve it.

• Hayo_NI

Hey Lionzinio,

Thanks for the feedback. At the end of the day we are a business, and supporting alternative means for users to get access to product bundles that have a high fiscal barrier to entry is important to support. The sales stuff is also part of the business. As I shared in my Q1 post, we do not intend for the real estate on the homepage to be exclusive to sales, but also to help new users get into music production more confidently, as it's also a challenging and proactive hobby to dive into.

Regarding the update check, we do this already. Whenever we deprecate an operating system we notify users here beforehand, and the following update then will only work for users on the supported OSes. Those who are not on those OSes will not be able to update. Products that are no longer compatible with your OS will also not push updates to the user. These are features that are already in place. We simply need to do better when it comes to releasing. I'll post a deep dive about this sometime this week.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Rob Gee
    Rob Gee Member Posts: 25 Helper

I’ve never had an issue with Native Access until the last few weeks. 

First it had problems download and installing updates. Then yesterday issues with installing dependencies which turned out to be that NTKDaemon couldn’t be uninstalled! 

I’ve been using Windows since the late 90s and I’ve never had an issue uninstalling a program. I was close to doing a restore on my system but managed fix the issue with a Windows install/uninstall troubleshooter.

Then after all this Native Access automatically forces an update to version 3.11 which hangs on loading products, the incompetence from whoever is coding this is off the scale!

Thankfully I managed to get version 3.8 via a link from one of the mods here and also a modified file that blocks the Native Access auto update. Thanks for this, your incompetence wasted an over an hour of my time yesterday just to download a simple update to Maschine!

• Hayo_NI

You raise a good point. On windows there's an NA uninstaller. For Mac users, please throw Native Access and the NTK Daemon in the trash and download again from here. You can find the NTK Daemon on Mac in the folder /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/NTK.

• Invidia Records
    Invidia Records Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

First the disappointment of no longer being able to use my KK S1. For more than a week I have not been able to log in to Native Access and do the necessary updates. The kontak can no longer find the libraries and the KK tells me that the plugins were not found. You have lost a customer...but already a long time ago.
    All the other synth plugins I have (like Arturia, UVI, Softube etc etc) work wonderfully. I am very very very very disappointed.

• PoorFellow

With the amount of issues that you have then I'd advice you to contact N.I. Kontakt Support or N.I. Native Access and Installation Support directly or alternatively then If you have a specific problem with Kontakt or Native Access then please open a thread of your own in the appropriate Kontakt or Native Access sub-forum and give all necessary information including computer type , OS version , Native Access version , Kontakt version , and any other info that might be of help including error messages, an eventual screenshot of problem and what you have done to troubleshoot so far.

• Lionzinio
    Lionzinio Member Posts: 45 Helper

And yet, Native Access constantly wants to and does automatically update itself on my Mac system running Big Sur, which its updates don't work on.

Native Access should not automatically update itself unless I have given it express permission to do so and I have the ability to turn automatic updates off when I feel like it. That's just basic application politeness. Not checking and not providing me with a way to control what software goes onto my computer is just rude and disrespectful and doesn't improve my impression of NI as a company.

NI might be a business, but that doesn't mean you have to treat your customers disgracefully. You'll sell a lot more stuff by being nice to those who have already spent thousands of pounds on NI products rather than treating them like newbs. Just as an example, there is zero point in NI trying to pimp me an update of a product I already own and which NI's systems know I already own. It just makes NI look silly. I'm advocating that NI will sell more gear and software to me by understanding more of who I am (and without cookies thanks) and working on that, than it will by assuming I'm just an idiot who has stumbled on your website.

Much love

• DLWhite
    DLWhite Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I just updated Native Access to 3.11.1 and it is broken nearly every step of the way.
    It wouldn't load. so I uninstalled the old one and NTKDaemon, reboot, then install the new version because it as the tech support recommended.

Then it wouldn't bring up anything. so I exited Native access and relaunched it.

Then it wouldn't login successfully.. so I exited Native access and relaunched it.

Now it is stuck on "loading products" 3 minutes soo far (and I have super fast internet).

I have bought new products today and can't get the installed and running.

This discussion has been closed.