Known issues

Hayo_NI
Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 316 mod
edited October 22 in Native Access

Hi everyone,

Native Access 3.11.0 is out. As many of you know by now, we've begun rolling out the 360 subscription offering. 3.10.0 was our first release to address some enhancements to the subscription launch experience, but we're aware of the regressions that have been caused since then. I want to acknowledge the frustrations that we have caused in your experience, and apologise for the inconsistency in our releases. I also know that this release will not ease those concerns yet.

I'm in the process of writing up a quarterly update, which I plan to give more transparency on the issues that have popped up and why that has happed, as well as how our team is committing to changing our approach to the development of Native Access to address these concerns.

In the release notes I've acknowledged some known issues that we're aware of and focusing on fixing. We have a few things in the pipeline to close out and will create a stronger strategy to address known issues that have plagued users for a while now, not exclusive to the ones introduced in 3.10.0. So a brief summary ahead of next week on our upcoming releases:

• 3.11.0 is to address some homepage issues, and reviewing some activation behavior with our subscription offerings.
  • 3.12.0 is coming out around the end of the quarter. With this release we aim to change the login flow to get users to login using the browser. This will be our only main feature this release, the rest being bugfixes.
  • 3.13.0 will feature the ability to locate all of your products at once (for those that are locatable. This excludes expansions, plugins and applications), aiming for the first half of june.

I'll go more in depth next week, but wanted to give everyone a headsup.

Hayo, PM of NA

Comments

• merges
    merges Member Posts: 6 Member

Same problem here, cannot open Native Access on Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur (possibly a problem/bug with the Electron UI/app framework).

Where can I find the 3.10.x download to revert?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod

@SDRA & @merges ,

The newest I have is NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0 (in case of a download problem then try log in to Google)

V. 3.8.0 will auto-update if it can get away with it so deny it update rights (by saying no if pop up) if it works for you.

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 316 mod

News on the crash for Native Access users on MacOS 11. This was caused by a bug in our build processes, due to the process no longer supporting MacOS 11. We managed to revert this for this release, so a hotfix will be out next week!

• SDRA
    SDRA Member Posts: 7 Member

I'm on Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1 and it does the same thing. It's not just Mac OS 11.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 122 Advisor

hilarious.

I mean, not really.

but, definitely predictable.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 268 Advisor
    edited May 19

Further evidence that all NI customers are being used as inadvertent beta testers? Why can't you just release an update without so many issues? This is becoming the norm now and it's very worrying.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 526 Pro
    edited May 19

@Hayo_NI Any idea what this is? It shows up at the top of my product list. Seems to be related to Kontakt, as it says "The worlds leading sampler…" etc. in the description.

This is on Windows 11 Home, Native Access version 3.11.0.

• PoorFellow
    edited May 19

That appear to be "Kontakt Factory Selection (1)" (as opposed to Kontakt Factory Library , you ought not need KF Selection if you got KF Library installed)

Try altering view to squares rather than lines. And/or try black interface

• chk071

The version number and size of Kontakt Factory Selection doesn't match that nameless thing though.

• PoorFellow
    edited May 20

Monochrome is probably right , your picture clearly says version number 5.8.1 , so probably Kontakt 5.8.1 .

Doesn't it give more information either if you try altering N.A: interface view to squares rather than lines and try black interface ?

• chk071
    edited May 20

Nope, no cues about the product's name.

I might have used Kontakt player 5.x at some point, but, I don't own any product which would contain Kontakt 5. Weird.

I think it's a bug really. The missing name points to that.

• Lionzinio
    Lionzinio Member Posts: 45 Helper

2 things

I'm not interested in the homepage, ads, subscriptions or any other sales b*****. Please allow me to select which panel I want Native Access to open with - ie Library So I can install and manage the Native Instruments products I have already purchased.

Have your software check if my machine meets the base specs for an update (including updates of Native Access) and DO NOT ALLOW me to update to software that will not work on my machine. Stop breaking my machine and wasting my time with badly written updates that aren't backwards compatible.

Until you sort these basic and obvious usability issues out, don't bother me with sales updates.

This discussion has been closed.