Native Access quit unexpectedly

SDRA
SDRA Member Posts: 7 Member
edited October 22 in Other Software & Hardware

I just updated Native Access as a new update came out today, and now I can't open the app. I get terminal window that opens up with the following text. I know this has been an issue for many people in the past, but this just showed up after updated today with the latest update.

Any help would be appreciated…

Last login: Thu May 16 13:35:49 on ttys000

/Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access ; exit;          

studio-a@STUDIO-As-iMac ~ % /Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access ; exit;

[8506:0516/140058.989959:ERROR:node_bindings.cc(152)] Fatal error in V8: v8::Template::Set Invalid value, must be a primitive or a Template

zsh: segmentation fault  /Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod

As suggested to you another place that you posted then you can try the NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0 (in case of a download problem then try log in to Google)

V. 3.8.0 will auto-update if it can get away with it so deny it update rights (by saying no if pop up) if it works for you.

• SDRA

Thank you!

• SDRA

I can't stop the auto-update. I then get the error message again after it restarts.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod
    edited May 18

From what I can see then there has been some regression inside the Native Access app programming , so that the app has regressed back to an earlier state mentioned both here and much more here . Apparently it is something that strikes users of Big sur 11.7 ,
    Quote Hayo_NI , March 11 , 2024 : The issue is only occurring for Mac OS X 11 Intel machines, and is being caused by a crash with an improvement we made in our startup flow. Once this fix is out I will publish a separate announcement.
    And the only fix apparently is to revert to version 3.8.0 of Native Access

Or , it is related to this (or both this and the above) : Quote Hayo_NI . May 17 , 2024 :

News on the crash for Native Access users on MacOS 11. This was caused by a bug in our build processes, due to the process no longer supporting MacOS 11. We managed to revert this for this release, so a hotfix will be out next week!

There is nothing that I PoorFellow can do other than furnish you with the download to the version 3.8.0 and the advice of another user/forum member about how to copy back version 3.8.0 after auto-updating :

Quote Jdawgesq Member March 12
    Just a heads up, the app gives me a notification that it will auto install an update (and therefore crash) whenever I quit. I saved the latest stable version I have of Native Access in my documents folder and copy/paste it into my applications folder whenever I reboot or quit Native Access by mistake.

The auto update probably explains why other users said they thought they found a temporary fix by installing the legacy version but it eventually ended up no longer working.

In the meantime, my advice is to keep a copy of Jeremy_NI's 3.8.0 installer outside your applications folder and not delete it until a patch is released.

Everything works on my end as long as I don't reboot or quit Native Access. If I do, all I have to do is paste the stable version back in my applications folder.

• SDRA

This is not just Mac OS 11. I'm running Sonoma 14.3.1

This discussion has been closed.