[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• Aaron McPherson
    Aaron McPherson Member Posts: 24 Helper
    Options

This looks cool. Is there a version for Maschine Jam? I’m keen to use it as a substitute for a Launchpad or Push.

• benwadub
    benwadub Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

hi @Elton Memishaj , just bought your script and played with it for few minutes and already think that this 30$ purchase is the best spent of this year for me! I think that when I ll get all shortcut in my head my workflow 'll be so fast!!hope you ll manage to make the screen ans encoders working!

first question I didn't found in the manual if that s possible to activate or deactivate loop and also to move the start and end of the loop?

if needed I made a big diy controller and a script for it using remotefy I can send it to you if you want to have a look at it. as you see it s a big controller with lots of integration, if I can help in any form for improving the mk3 script let me know!and again thanks for the great work!

• lao ma
    lao ma Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

What is this? :) Is this an Ableton Controller? Looks awesome!!

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello,

Thank you so much for the appreciation!

Regarding to loop mode, unfortunately, the RESTART button is being used as SHIFT.

SHIFT + RESTART was the idea to toggle loop mode (like in MASCHINE 2 Software), but we can't use this combination in this script (or in MIDI mode).

For the DIY gear, that is some incredible work I see from the image !

I appreciate your idea and the want to help, but I think that I have to focus more on this script and possibly for MASCHINE PLUS/MK3 integration and also videos for the script, etc.

Thank you,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello everyone,

Just a quick heads up about the v1.7.0 update.

Fixed Velocity is critical to be implemented, I have yet to find a solution about it.

I will let everyone know about other features soon!

Please rate the script over at Gumroad page, that would help me a lot!!

Best,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well :)

Due to health issues, the development for v1.7.0 and video tutorials/tips for the script will be paused for a couple of days or for the whole April.

Still the development continues possibly starting from May :)

Please let me know about any suggestion or issue, I might be late with the responses, but I will try to be available as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Elton

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello Elton,

Sad to read that. My best wishes and get well soon! Your health is much more important than any delayed development.

• Cakean
    Cakean Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hello! Sorry to hear Elton, take your sweet time getting well! Also- great work on the updates.

Fixed my color issue btw by switching to midi out in led out and choosing two different colors with dual mode in the controller editor.

Also turned on CC for the knobs with MCU on the knob page. Which controls the volume of the first tracks. Gonna try and have a few unassigned values for the knobs and mapping them to synths and parameters. Are there any CC values you haven't defined in the scripts? Tried looking the official midi documentation and found a few but realized you had mapped some of them.

Not sure if enabling these features has hindered any the functions you have programmed but it works pretty all in all.

And I got into using AutoHotKey with Ableton instead of Python-programming and it's crazy how fast the scripts are, perhaps it can be incorporated with the Maschine hardware? I can instantly insert any device or plugin on a track just by making a hotkey for ctrl+alt+q with a send ctrl+{f} script.

Anyways, thanks and take care!

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Thank you to both of you :)

@Cakean thank you for letting me know about this!

There are a lot of unmapped MIDI CC values, which you can use for your custom mappings.

You can see the Controller Editor template's mapped CC values, in order to find out the free/unmapped ones.

Please let me know if I understood your question correctly or not :D

Thank you!

• ChannelZ
    ChannelZ Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I bought a Maschine Mikro MK3 and the Gumroad Ableton script for this device. Everything works great except the script won't stay permanent after I close the NI Controller Editor. I have to keep it open at all times. I know there were instructions to run this in ADMIN mode to avoid this, but I assume this is for Windows computers? I'm on OSX Monterey and setup as ADMIN. I can't seem to figure it out under this scenario.

Has anyone else had the same issue? MAC users out there?

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

For Mac OS, you have to grant permissions to Controller Editor software. I remember I found a guide in the past over at the old NI's forum portal, regarding to keeping the applied template permanent, for that specific hardware and for that PC.

I will get back to you soon with more information as soon as I can find something, for the moment I'm writing from my phone due to health issues.

Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for contacting me about this issue!

• KIRI
    KIRI Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Hi Elton, just wondered if your script allows the main maschine encoder to be used to navigate inside Love’s browser (eg to load devices, samples etc). Or if any plans to add this feature? Thanks

• alteronthebeat
    alteronthebeat Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • Elton Memishaj
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your great suggestion!

I had this planned before, experimented and made researches about it, but it is a limitation of Live's API to navigate the browser.

If we consider Ableton Push 2, it is only getting all browser items and displaying them in the hardware and the navigation takes place only there and then the load button is pressed, which calls the Live API to load the item by it's id.

Unfortunately, this cannot be implemented with the current version of Live API, but it would be a great feature to have.

I hope in the future we will be able to have this from the Live API, which would mean a new "mode" for this script (BROWSER mode possibly).