Issue with Maschine devices not keeping the template in MIDI mode after 2.15 update

Jeremy_NI
Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
edited April 2022 in Maschine

There is a small bug with the latest version of Maschine 2.15. Devices will not load custom templates made in Controller Editor when in MIDI mode, it will only display the default template.

There is a temporary version of Controller Editor available to fix this issue:

Controller Editor 2.7.1 Mac OS 10.13 and above

It should now work with Maschine 2.15.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sibben
    Sibben Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2022

Downgrading to 2.14.7 did not solve this for me on Intel Mac (latest verion of OS) and Machine MK3.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022

Check which version of NIHostIntegrationAgent.app you have, its located in:

Your-HD ▶ Library ▶ Application Support ▶ Native Instruments ▶ Hardware

Select the NIHostIntegrationAgent app and press the spacebar to check the version, v1.11.0 causes the issue so if that's the one in your system try deleting it and then reinstalling Maschine 2.14.7 again, that should put the previous v1.10.5 there which works to solve this specific issue (not sure if this causes other issues tho).

Manually replacing NIHostIntegrationAgent app 1.11.0 with the older 1.10.5 also serves as a workaround for someone who wants to use MAS v2.15.

None of this is official, I discovered this a couple of months ago by trial and error while testing. Good luck.

• Sibben
    Sibben Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2022

Thanks Jeremy and D-One! This solved the problem. Thank you!

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 50 Helper

Thanks! After installing the new version, I was able to open my device configuration (which contains all my templates), and they are all back on my S49mk1 again.

• Tijn71
    Tijn71 Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2022

Is there a Windows version of this file?

My Jam is not working in Maschine and in Adobe Lightroom. And my F1 is not working in Traktor so I am unable to use my mapped effect chains.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Tijn71 I'm afraid that for your issue you need to downgrade. So firts of all, delete this folder:

C / Program Files/ Common Files / Native Instruments / Hardware

Then install the previous version of Maschine: MASCHINE 2.14.7 for PC

• Tijn71
    edited April 2022

@Jeremy_NI I am not able to downgrade because the hardware folder can not be deleted. It is in use by some other programme.

A got a link to Controller editor 2.7.1. I hope this will work.

Edit: latest version controller editor does not fix the issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2022

Hey @Tijn71 Please note that you need to disconnect your devices and close your NI applications before deleting this hardware folder. Sorry if I didn't mention it earlier. Since you installed a new version of Controller Editor, now you also might need to reinstall the previous version. I will contact you by email, as your issue seems different from the others and is probably related to your setup.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022

If after disconnecting your controllers you still aren't allowed to delete the folder then try closing both services in task manager first... (NIHardwareAgent and NIHostIntegrationAgent). You prob need Admin privileges in Windows, not sure.

• Tijn71

Been there, done that. But the services will start again immmediately after closing. Why I do not know. I have all admin rights and everything.

• Jeremy_NI

Maschine 2.15.1 was released and fixes the issue, you can now simply update in Native Access.