Installation / Updates get a Failed message - Native Access

Options
Jeff_Silverman
Jeff_Silverman Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Komplete Kontrol is version 3.2.0
Kontakt 7 is 7.8.1. Some sounds won’t play on this version and I can't get any updates working on Native Access is 3.10.3

Mac Catalina 13.6.5
Mac Pro 2019

I'm having a very difficult time getting all of my library to load in Native Access without getting failed messages. I've made sure I have everything rechecked in FULL ACCESS permissions and have exhausted my searching for answers on NI's site as well as YouTube.

I've moved many entire library to a new hard drive and after MANY hours, was able to finally get Native Access to see 90% of what I needed. To date, re the snap, I have 30 updates that won't connect. That consists of sounds I KNOW are in my library or in my VST3 folders (found the list online) but Native Access won't connect without a failed installation message.

On another snap, you'll see the stand alone version of Kontakt 7 and several banks that won't load or can be found. I have better luck when working on the standalone version (after pointing to all the proper libraries) but in Pro Tools 2023.9, Kontakt shows missing libraries.

I would LOVE to be able have peace of mine that I know everything is installed and I have a working library. Can anyone advise on one or some of the issues I'm having?

I bought the Komplete S61 keyboard several years back and have never done a firmware upgrade on it. Is there such a thing? If so, can you direct me to where I can find it?

Thanks for any leads or solutions!

Jeff

Answers

• Jeff_Silverman
    Options

PS. You can see I can open Kontakt 7 and Komplete Kontrol but they won't update

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    edited May 2
    Options

Firmware updates are in the DRIVERS & OTHER FILES

I also have a link for KONTAKT 7.9.0 (Mac ONLY) so that you can try and upgrade to that at least. With respect to the plug-in version in your DAW then make sure that you are not opening an old version of Kontakt.

With respect to the download problems then make sure that ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon have full disk access. How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

also please check firewall and if Private Relay is on then turn that off in preferences.

also make sure that all path settings are OK and that you have plenty of disk space on both download location and Content drive and system for temp , and that space is not taken by invisible snapshots or something else.

You could also try and delete anything related to failed downloads from download folder and delete the Native Access XML file , look at section 8 here : My Product is Missing in Native Access , however that might not solve the more persistent download problems.

• Jeff_Silverman
    Options

Thanks SO Much for the info and links!!! Sadly, it didn't solve all of the problems. But I THINK the Kontakt 7.9.0 you sent did indeed load update to 7.9.0 but Native Access is still saying it needs an update (re snap) and Komplete Kontrol is showing that as well.

I went ahead and took out the NativeAccess.xml but that didn't do anything to help nor did it change the fact that I still see 31 items that still need updates. Non will update without getting the failed error

I did check and all the apps are showing full access

Every time I tried to update, I get this message…

I checked and Private Relay was off by default. I even tried it with it on and same problems.

I have a half a TB left on my system drive and I just updated to a 4TB NVMe drive (instead of the 2TB, which was definitely too full) and that didn't help either. Hmmmm…. What a conundrum! ;)

I didn't see any firmware updates specifically for my keyboard but I'll check on that again. Thanks for the info

Since the update on Kontakt 7, I could re-locate the missing libs so all good there! :) Thanks

If you can think of anything else that might be cause the failed attempt to update, I'd appreciate it but I do understand you've spent a lot of time answering so no worries if time doesn't permit. Everything you suggested means I'm that much closer to finding out what could be the problem!!!

• Jeff_Silverman
    Options

This is the error message I keep getting on any of the updates.

• Jeff_Silverman
    Options
  • PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    edited May 4
    Options

Because the installation keeps complaining over the disk access even with disk access granted then I really don't know what to suggest anymore. We could try something a bit outside the normal as last resort. :

Uninstall both Native Access and NTKDaemon , then install V. 1.14 , then uninstall V 1.14 , then install NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0 using Rosetta (installation only) (3.8 will try to update itself at first chance though)

Then don't forget the full disk access then ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon, then see if that makes you be able to download (you may have to reset file paths ?)

(If you respond to me then please use the Quote button below my post then I am notified)

Other than that then since my suggestions did not work , and also I am no Mac expert then I think that this one is one for N.I. Native Access and Installation Support , I could try and call for Jeremy_NI but I think that he will say the same since the problem appears as being persistent.

At the page N.I. Native Access and Installation Support be sure to scroll down to page bottom to see if there is a log-in request , if there is then log-in , at next page again scroll down and small blue chat box ought occur within 15 seconds. Then write in chat box and when getting suggestions then select did not help when it didn't , that ought to bring you on to either chat with human or open a ticket.

There has been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

On normal work days at least then there is chat support for purchases, accounts now :

Quote : For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.

Please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here

• Jeff_Silverman
    Options

WOW! You have been amazing with all of your suggestions. Thanks so much PF! I'll give all of your suggestions a whirl shortly and if all works as we hope it will, I'll send a HUGE thumbs up! :) Wait… Sending a huge thumbs up now! :)

Have a great rest of your weekend!!!

Jeff