Why is NI not refunding my canceled order?

Options
bnazo
bnazo Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

My purchase of a Komplete update and an expansion was canceled for whatever reason which was fine so that I could attempt it again another time. The issue is that my bank has told me the payment has went through and the transaction is still present in my bank statement, but being that the order status is canceled I haven't received my products whatsoever, no email or anything. Will I get a refund on this and how long would that take or have I just wasted my money on something without ever receiving my product at all?

This is a screenshot because the original link to the page does not work anymore

I already brought this up as a discussion which was seemingly ignored by everyone and to make matters worse I opened a ticket to discuss the matter, however that was closed immediately which tells me that NI knows about this and does not want to cooperate.

I apologise for my forward and demanding language but I am frustrated that there does not appear to be any response to my concerns and fears of not receiving any sort of refund, let alone any feedback to this at all. My last resort is that I will be reporting a dispute with my bank on the transaction if there continues a lack of response and I do no wish to go down this route if all possible.

Best Answer

• bnazo
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update,

I have received the refund and so the issue has been successfully resolved.

I have been brash with my words earlier so I apologise for that, and want to thank the staff behind for taking the time with this issue and for the patience with my case.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello,

I am not 100% sure if this covers your case, but Native Instruments policy about refunds, does not cover download versions of a product. Please check this article and use its links for further information

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209568149-I-Would-Like-a-Refund-for-a-Purchase-Made-In-the-Webshop

• bnazo
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks for the reply,

I am aware of no refunds on '..already registered products, already opened software boxes or download versions of a product' however surely that doesn't apply to my case considering that I am unable to receive the products due to the cancellation in the first place?

I find that rather preposterous assuming that if a purchase gets canceled without receiving the intended products then any chance of a refund not being possible is just unacceptable to me. So at any point every cancellation of a product NI gets to keep the profits whilst the customer's money goes down the drain for nothing in return?

Maybe I'm being hopeful in being wrong and that there is a delay on the refund but the lack of communication and clarification is causing much stress on my part due to this issue.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

If this is the case, "a purchase gets canceled without receiving the intended products" , then i am sure that you will get your refund!

The cause of the delay is most probably because of the holiday season, even banks are closed. So give it few more days.

To be 100% sure that someone will deal with your case soon (hopefully a refund, or at least an explanation), i will tag here @Jeremy_NI from the Customer Care.

Have a nice evening :-)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@bnazo If I followed your case properly, the issue is now solved and was fixed by merging 2 different accounts with different emails. Please correct me if I'm wrong and you still need assistance.

• bnazo
    Options

Thanks for the reply,

I received an email which was a response to a ticket I submitted detailing the payment error and has stated to refund the canceled order whilst noting that the refund will take a certain amount of time to appear in my bank account.

The issue that I have with using different two accounts and emails seems to be the reason that caused this error so for anyone else reading this should be a noteworthy point to look at so they avoid the same issue I had with the order payment error.

I will check back during those times and once the refund is hopefully amended I will notify once thats the case.

• bnazo
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update,

I have received the refund and so the issue has been successfully resolved.

I have been brash with my words earlier so I apologise for that, and want to thank the staff behind for taking the time with this issue and for the patience with my case.