NIPatcher - Tool to modify Maschine (MacOS)

Options

Comments

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 414 Guru
    Options

Thanks, D-One. Amazing work and very useful app !!!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

Grateful for anything you can do…even if I know I won’t see it very soon. But a work made by a customer for other customers can’t be hurried and if you need time I understand: this is not your work therefore we can only say THANK YOU

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

@D-One

just out of curiousity,

is it safe to use the patch and apply things while the Maschine application standalone or plugin is fully working?

• 6xes
    edited March 2023
    Options

@D-One

ive been hunting for the Lua script for the Jam that was posted

/Applications/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Maschine 2.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/Maschine/Helper/PatternHelper.lua

which was posted by @maschuser1

on the M1 ventura i have this file is oddly not showing up on my directory's

even hunting through the ~/Library does not reveal the PatternHelper script..

would this be the same on your end too?? or is there something im misunderstanding? with finding that script

EDIT: i found them

right clicking on maschine2.app revealed the pathway for the above scripts

cheeRs

• AxMusic
    AxMusic Member Posts: 122 Member
    Options

The font mod works good, the jam feature doesn’t seem to be working for me, and the stop button when pressed leaves the play head where it is (i.e, doesn’t bring it back to the beginning). Although admittedly there could have been an error on how I installed it..

• 6xes
    edited March 2023
    Options

i also tested the Maschine Jam... without success

its not clear to me whether i am supposed to copy & paste the(section) of the script by @maschuser1 and manually edit the file within the new directory thats put on the desktop

but upon copying and pasting the section @maschuser1 had highlighted over the existing code, it never worked..

what i did notice however is the script that i edited... got rewritten over (before/after??) exiting maschine and trying to re-save that *.lua file again(in the newly made directory)

(a popup alerted me to the file i had previously saved had been modified implying the Lua file was adjusted after launching maschine)

• 6xes
    Options

@D-One

am i correct in assuming this NI patcher is creating a sandbox area to test and modify scripts...

but not affecting the original files??

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yes, kind of... You can use it that way and it's advised.

Since it copies the files it mods to the Desktop first you can just use the 'Maschine 2.app' application to test everything but for the plugins there's no other way than really moving the VST/AU/AXX to the plugins folder and overwrite the original ones.

No idea what's going on there. Editing the .lua files with a regular text editor might not work, saving sometimes breaks due to permissions.

NIPatcher should make it super simple, no more manual editing... Press 'Copy' and it copies all your plugins to the Desktop/NIPatcher, select the mods and press "Patch", codesign and run the app to test, if all goes well just move the files into shortcuts created by NIPatcher.

• D-One
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hum... It's not dangerous but it's not a good idea to modify any software while it's running.

Note that/GUI font mods can be re-applied multiple times but hardware mods cannot, could you perhaps have done that?

• 6xes
    edited March 2023
    Options

update.

tested MaschineJam group/focus script... i can confirm its working in Standalone..

it seems that upon clicking on the codesign button caused it to work!

• D-One
    Options

Updated to v1.1, release notes:

• Added support for Komplete Kontrol (Separate thread)
    • Fixed a bug with codesign.
    • Minor cosmetic changes.

Yay, it works!! 🎉

• 6xes
    edited April 2023
    Options

update: i can confirm the patch works in plugin mode in VST3i... for the MaschineJam group/focus script... is working

the AU and AUi did not patch but thats no biggie for me(having both unpatched and patched is always good for choice!!) .. but AU & AUi plugins still operate normally unpatched and doesnt clash with the VST3i patched version

its a nice touch shading the maschine symbol purple as it tells you whether the patched version is up... or the unpatched AU/AUi plugins

Users will need to be aware that the use of VST3i requires that the DAW plugin path "also" be set & points to the NIPatcher folder which is created on the desktop

It works quite well

• D-One
    edited April 2023
    Options

@6xes said:

update: i can confirm the patch works in plugin mode in VST3i... for the MaschineJam group/focus script... is working

Thanks for confirming, appreciate it.

its a nice touch shading the maschine symbol purple as it tells you whether the patched version is up... or the unpatched AU/AUi plugins

Yeah, NIPatcher replaces the logo to make it easy to tell if Maschine is patched or not. :)

Users will need to be aware that the use of VST3i requires that the DAW plugin path "also" be set & points to the NIPatcher folder which is created on the desktop

Humm... I designed the Patcher for the users to replace the original plugins/app with the patched versions, that's why there are shortcuts in the desktop folder, for easy replacing. Mainly because I thought all DAW's didn't recognize 2 versions of the same plugin since technically it's a duplicate, maybe it works on some DAW's but not others, which one do you use?

the AU and AUi did not patch but thats no biggie for me(having both unpatched and patched is always good for choice!!) .. but AU & AUi plugins still operate normally unpatched and doesnt clash with the VST3i patched version

Maybe Logic doesn't allow duplicate plugins? I'll do some tests with your method of having both the patched and original plugins at the same time.

Here's my Patched AU in Logic with a gigantic window size (4k screen) and bigger fonts:

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

It is an old Myth from days gone by, at one point you could get warned, then banned from the forum for posting links to 3rd party expansion packs etc, a lot of the nonsense people post is from the old old days, NI actually did this stuff once upon a time haha.