Free up C Drive Space in Windows
Windows 10 - Attempting to free up space on my 100GB C Drive & noticed that a large amount of data was due to Apps & Features. The vast majority are due to Native Instruments Apps which are stored on a secondary(E) drive. I checked the "E drive" and the apps installed there & work fine in Kontakt.
The problem is that some of these apps in "E drive" are showing up in Apps & Features/"C drive" taking up space.
Aside for searching & using various Windows methods, I tried troubleshooting by:
1) Making sure the filter setting for Apps & Features was set to "Primary (C)".
2) Searching "C drive" for related files (Session Strings, etc.) in which only a few small files showed up.
3) Deleting Una Corda from Apps & Features/"C drive" resulting in removal from the secondary "E drive" and no reduction of file space from the C drive.
4) Checked Native Access for file path & any errors or issues.
See screenshots - for brevity, referring to Session Strings Pro 2:
I'm Stumped!😥 Feel free to ask for any clarification. Thanks
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 854 Hangout
- 78 NI News
- 412 Tech Talks
- 1.9K Native Access
- 8.6K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.2K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.1K Kontakt
- 729 Reaktor
- 252 Battery 4
- 494 Guitar Rig & FX
- 287 Massive X & Synths
- 514 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators