Anybody else having trouble with the NI site and Native Access today?

Options
daywood
daywood Member Posts: 4 Member

My Battery 4 stopped working in the middle of editing a project. When investigating, I found that it has disappeared from my list of products in NA, installed or otherwise. I tried to launch it by clicking on the executable in the filesystem. It thinks I'm in demo mode. When I chose activate from the dialog it gives me (thinking maybe I can just reactivate it to get it going again), it takes me to Native Access, which, as I mentioned, has lost it's awareness of the application.

I asked a question about it via the support chatbot, which said it would send an email to confirm that a ticket was opened. Nothing. I tried to send a message through Support at the NI site. Even though I'm already logged in, it tells me to log in to send a message, but doesn't take me anywhere to do that, but won't let me send a message. So I'm stuck. Very frustrating that I'm locked out of Battery 4 and I don't have a way to leave a message for support so they can work on my problem when they come back in the office after the weekend. Is it just me?

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,315 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try Jeremy_NI's latest 'invention' :

Quote Jeremy_NI :

It looks like the Native Access.xml file downloaded by NA is damaged/incomplete.

In this example it is missing the Kontakt 7 entries, please try the following:

Delete the Native Access.xml in the following location and restart your computer and open NA

Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Repeat until the missing products reappear/the products in demo recognise their activation again.

If this doesn't work, please download this zip file, unzip it and and replace your xml file with this one.

NativeAccess.xml.zip

If the above doesn't help then please contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support

There has been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

Quote : For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.

Please refer to the : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !

After receiving email confirmation then please allow support up to a week to answer and if they do not respond within a week then politely update your ticket to let support know that you are still waiting for a response ! Also N.I. support do not work in the weekend !

Answers

• songman
    songman Member Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    Anybody else having trouble with the NI site and Native Access today? Yes, see "update not downloading".

• blockedmusic
    blockedmusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

i have lost over 200 packages, some of the 11 leftover packages are either in demo mode or are the ones that come free with komplete start… Really worried I will lose half the sounds in every current ableton project. Damn I wish i didnt decide to connect to the internet today to check my emails

• PoorFellow
    Options

Even though I'm already logged in, it tells me to log in to send a message, but doesn't take me anywhere to do that, but won't let me send a message. So I'm stuck.

Try using this link : N.I. Native Access and Installation Support , then at bottom of page where it says log-in then click the login, then when page has re-loaded then scroll down page again and then at bottom right there ought to appear a little blue chat-box within 15 seconds.
    Then select the right answers to get through to either human chat or make a ticket !

There has been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

Quote : For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.
    Please refer to the : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !

• davidbryen
    davidbryen Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

similar issue.

All my activations are closed and Native Access only has 19 items, where normally there are almost 100.

NA version 3.10.3

What's going on?

db

• daywood
    Options

Thank you. I appreciate your response and your help. I did find that chatbot yesterday but it would not connect me to a human because we are in the weekend (at least, I assume that is why). I finally did receive the email saying that a ticket had been opened based on my limited interaction with the bot. I got another mail later in the day that said my ticket had been updated, but the links in that note do not take me to the ticket and I can't seem to find it by searching in the support site. Today I do not get the chatbot box at all at the support site.

When I click the "How to get in touch with our customer care" link you provided above, I get to the contact page, but when I click either the "Contact Support" or "Login to contact support" buttons, all I get is an unlinked screenshot:

That should be a useful link in the future and I've bookmarked it, but today it seems they still have some pretty severe systemic problems.

Thanks again.

• PoorFellow
    Options

@Matt_NI , alas theses irregularities described here is maybe something that you should have someone take a look at !?

• PoorFellow
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try Jeremy_NI's latest 'invention' :

Quote Jeremy_NI :

It looks like the Native Access.xml file downloaded by NA is damaged/incomplete.

In this example it is missing the Kontakt 7 entries, please try the following:

Delete the Native Access.xml in the following location and restart your computer and open NA

Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Repeat until the missing products reappear/the products in demo recognise their activation again.

If this doesn't work, please download this zip file, unzip it and and replace your xml file with this one.

NativeAccess.xml.zip

If the above doesn't help then please contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support

After receiving email confirmation then please allow support up to a week to answer and if they do not respond within a week then politely update your ticket to let support know that you are still waiting for a response ! Also N.I. support do not work in the weekend !

• daywood
    Options

This worked for me! Thank you! I only had to go once through the steps of deleting the XML file, restarting, and opening NA; that is, I didn't have to iterate the process or download the new XML file. Thanks again!

(I still cannot traverse the email links they sent me for my tickets or find a way to access them within the support site, but I'm off and running again so I'll investigate that during the coming week. )

• PoorFellow
    Options

Thank you very much for reporting back and for sharing your solution 🙂