Purchased Products Now Listing as "DEMO" in Native Access 2

Options
R2Etude
R2Etude Member Posts: 18 Member

Yesterday, when opening Cubase 13 Pro to work on a song I've been working on for quite a while, I started getting notifications that some NI products are not loading or are missing (or words to that effect). When I tried to open the already added Session Drummer instrument, it showed me an error pop up saying over 30,000 files are missing, prompting me to search for them. When I closed that pop up, it took me to the Kontakt 7 interface. Session Drummer was no longer loaded, and when I tried to search for it, it showed the instrument, but when I clicked it, it took me to the Native Instruments web page to purchase it. I already own it!

When I opened Native Access 2, it showed several instruments I have installed in "DEMO" mode, but all of them are part of Komplete 14 Ultimate, which I already own. In case there was some sort of update that caused a glitch, I logged into NI's site, copied the serial number for Komplete 14 Ultimate, and pasted it into Native Access 2. It seemed to accept it, but those instruments (like all of the different Abbey Road drums) still list as "DEMO"!

I tried reinstalling Native Access 2 by downloading the latest install file, but it didn't help either. What happened? Did I do something wrong? Why can I no longer access the instruments I bought and have been using since the beginning of this year?

Best Answer

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,215 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try the trouble shooter here : My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access , especially '2. Your activation fails because of corrupted or missing
    activation tokens' and '3. You have corrupted XML files' (delete both NA XML and offending product XML)

If that doesn't work the try Jeremy_NI's latest 'invention' , the replacing the XML file ! :

Quote Jeremy_NI :

It looks like the Native Access.xml file downloaded by NA is damaged/incomplete.

In this example it is missing the Kontakt 7 entries, please try the following:

Delete the Native Access.xml in the following location and restart your computer and open NA

Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Repeat until the missing products reappear/the products in demo recognise their activation again.

If this doesn't work, please download this zip file, unzip it and and replace your xml file with this one.

NativeAccess.xml.zip

If that doesn't work either than you will have to contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support

: For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.

Please refer to the : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !

• R2Etude
    R2Etude Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Deleting the Native Instruments folder and then reopening Native Access did the trick! Now all the instruments that said DEMO no longer say that, Studio Drummer and a bunch of other instruments that weren't appearing in NA finally reappeared, and 30 updates I wasn't shown before just magically appeared. Such a weird experience. Thank you for your help!

NOTE: If you have Komplete Audio (I have KA2), and it's active in the icon tray in Windows, you may have to "exit" it before deleting the folder. Windows kept telling me the folder was still in use even though NA was closed, and after I rebooted and tried again, I think I was able to delete the folder before the drivers for KA2 activated because the folder reappeared before I opened NA, and gave me the same error trying to delete it.