Collector's Edition Products still showing as demo mode.

Options
jkpianocomposer
jkpianocomposer Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

So I need some help. A while ago I got "KOMPLETE 14 SELECT for HW". Afterwards I upgraded to "KOMPLETE 14 STANDARD Upgrade for KSelect" with no issues. With the cyber monday deals I wanted to upgrade to the Collector's Edition, so I got "KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTORS EDITION Upgrade for KOMPLETE". However, all of the Collectors Edition products are still showing up as DEMOs.

I have activated all the products in Native Access Manually, reset XML files, as well as deleted the ras3 files and deleted all the content several times. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled all of my Native Instruments products, as well as confirmed full disk access for everything. Still showing up as DEMOs.

What's confusing is that they only show up in DEMO mode after they're installed. They're fine until they're completely installed.

At this point I'm not sure what to do. Obviously this was not a cheap upgrade and it's really frustrating that I'm not able to use all of these instruments. Still haven't gotten a response from customer support and I want to get this up and running.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what else I can do?

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 985 Guru
    edited December 2023
    Options

"Does anyone have any suggestions for what else I can do?"

What do you see when you log into your actual NI account? Do you see an actual reference to your Komplete CE license - saying you are fully licensed etc.

Here is what my upgrade from STD to ULT shows in my NI acct (my serial blacked out):

Native Access gets its license info FROM your account - so thinking that it's actually responsible (or capable) of "authorizing" anything on its own - is false.

It can only fully authorize a product if that product appears under "Registered Products" (with a serial) for the the NI Account you use when logging into Native Access.

VP

• jkpianocomposer
    Options

So I see it twice - the first picture is under "registered" and the bottom picture is under "unregistered". I ended up paying for it twice in hopes of getting it to work.

• jkpianocomposer
    Options

Forgot to mention, when I try to register the unregistered "Komplete 14 Collectors Edition" it says I'm missing the base product.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 985 Guru
    edited December 2023
    Options

"Forgot to mention, when I try to register the unregistered "Komplete 14 Collectors Edition" it says I'm missing the base product"

OK - that is something completely different - which means (on the surface anyway) that you did an upgrade of some sort here - that required a base product you do not have - but still bought the thing anyway.

This one is very confusing, and if it were me - I would be hitting up NI support and not this board.

And you may want to address with them the fact that your bought this twice - that is not a good thing at all.

They will have the tools to sort this out as there is little you can do if that message is coming up.

VP

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,913 mod
    Options

You have to contact support immediately , I am not sure if you need to contact Orders support or Registration support. But if you bought the same product twice and maybe even the wrong then I think that you need to ask Webshop & Orders support : https://bit.ly/NISupport_OP to clear up the mess for you . Just tell them that you wanted to upgrade to K14 CE and ask then to help clear it all up including if you could please get a refund of what you bought wrong and do not need. Else you can also try starting out with Registration support : https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA