Native Access - Q4 Update

Options

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

I would open a new thread with your ideas. This one is about Native Access on Q4

• krazbobeans
    krazbobeans Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Now that Kontakt 7 is out, and everything is being updated to work with that, I think it's good to keep compatibility with Kontakt 6 because I still have plenty of Ableton projects that use those same instruments but with Kontakt 6... instruments that now say they no longer work on Kontakt 6. It would be good to keep both versions that are compatible with 6 and 7 at the same time so I can open them with either one. Even if there are new features on 7, it should be my choice to lose the new features and keep working with 6 because honestly 7 sometimes acts quirky, I don't like the new UI changes at all personally and I'd like to be able to use 6 which has been flawless for years.

Thanks for reading.

-Adam

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

You can find some previous versions of libraries working with k6 in this thread (but not all):

Check also in the middle of the thread: they added some more but didn’t put them in the OP

• ALDREAD
    ALDREAD Member Posts: 58 Helper
    Options

Any chance NA could remember your login password? MacOS !

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

+1 for keeping KK2.9 in Access.

I'm actually still on Access 1, stuff got messed up when I updated. Not sure why. Don't remember exactly but I have my Machine packs and Kontakt libraries on different drives.

I also will not update to KK3 sw if that means losing the Cubase integration for my S49 mk2.

Step forward please, not backwards.

Really bummed you never added saving the KK state as a preset or made an FX version with audio in. The purpose of adding FX in KK sw really suffers from that.

I'm using the free Waves Rack for FX chains instead. Maybe there is a way to use a single "sound" in Maschine sw for that purpose?

• SoundsLikeFun
    SoundsLikeFun Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Hi. First of all I want to say that I also love that you have taken the transparency approach. It is so nice to get some heads up of what you are working on.

Second. I also agree that you should focus on Sonoma. As we all know Apple push hard for us to move over and some has already made the transition.

I also want to give my thumbs up to better disc management. It is soo important to be able to place and movie programs and libraries to selected SSDs on a Mac where the system disc is super expensive and near impossible to upgrade.

And finally I want to give a little nudge for a future NA Market Place Feature. It would be so awesome to be able to swap, sell and buy products and libraries with other users or trade in for some AccessCredits in the NA platform with a click or two. And I think it could also be a decent little income stream if you add a percentage fee for the transition. I think a lot of us sit on products we don't use and have a long list of products we would like to try, but we don't want to go through the hassle of forums and potential scammers.

• Tomboman
    Tomboman Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

@Hayo_NI

thanks for your reply - Here are my thoughts:

So we've conceptualized a Show/Hide feature. I don't think a general show/hide functionality would help in the case of subfilters, as that would become quite complex to manage, but if you don't want to have a product be marked as available, then I can imagine you wouldn't want it visible to you at all. It sounds like being able to version-lock your products in Native Access would be something that'd solve other conditions. I'm interested to see if you agree with this assertion, to help me see if we're navigating into the right direction with this feature?

No I do not agree - the version lock would help the case a lot of people had with the updates to NK2 since they don't have Kontakt 7 ( but the version lock would be great for those customers)

I am looking for a way to disable a product at all - Like Absynth - I can never install this on an Apple Silicon Machine. I do have over 40 products in Native Access I will NEVER install (they just came in some bundles)

It just makes it easier when I buy something new, I could just click install all - Now I always have to do it manually since everything is shown (and would be installed)

We removed it to drive people to the Product Details page. In 2024 we have plans to add more content to that page, and release notes are part of that. We wanted room to be flexible in how we adapted it, but after making the change we pivoted to urgent maintenance efforts instead, leaving the feature not getting the love it deserves. Having a means to access the release notes with 3 different ways we found a bit excessive as well. This is not to say we couldn't undo this, and I very much welcome this feedback. We'd prioritize this a lot higher if we'd receive comments beforehand. This is the first I've heard of this since. Just giving it some context. Talking to the team next week and sharing this feedback and seeing what we can do.

"We removed it to drive people to the product detail page" Well - When I go into updates in Native Access I just want to get a quick look what these updates are, just with on click on the new version number like it was before. I understand the idea behind getting people to the product page, but in UPDATES, I just want updates :)

I guess you haven't heard about it because it was not a major thing (I would have never emailed this in - but since I was commenting here I thought it is a good timing)

Thanks a lot :)

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 54 Helper
    Options

'recently iZotope’s Element Suites made the journey over!'

Does this require any input on our part? None of my elements products appear in NA. Or is it only the most recent version?

Also, it's a little quirky that you've released a Sonoma compatible version of Massive X via an installer that isn't currently capable of installing it 😊

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    Options

There's release notes, just click the thumbnail for any product and you then have options on a sidebar:

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 285 mod
    Options

I'm excited at following these discussions because it's incredibly fruitful to figure out what we need to get better at. I'll mark this down as immediate feedback.

With regards to the KK2 vs KK3, I still have to check in to see what the issue is. I'll try to escalate this with my colleagues.

Regarding hardware connectivity, you all point out well that Native Access could do more to make the hardware experience good. We have a few larger product experience overhauls scheduled, but I'll take a look and see what we can work towards in the future. It's a challenge to have Native Access serve all these experiences equally well as many users use our products in many different ways, but it's important to make sure larger ones are done well. Thank you for the constructive feedback.

• Hayo_NI
    Options

As a big steam user myself, theres a LOT of strengths they have over the handling of system migrations. We still have some ideas how we can migrate your workflow that's been stuck in conceptualization phase for forever, so it's definitely on our watchlist! And regarding small vendor representation, we'd love to see some examples of where we're dropping the ball so we can see how they're represented now. We know some areas we can improve majorly on already, but eager to learn more!

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,466 Expert
    Options

No questions, I just want to let you know that your communication here is on point 👍

I whish your collages would do the same for other projects :)

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,280 mod
    Options

The biggest annoyance I have with NA isn't really the installation experience, it's the reinstallation experience.

For example, I have all of K14UCE installed on a SSD drive (M.2 internal). If I want to reinstall Windows I should be able to install NA and tell it "the libraries are already installed on drive blah-blah". It should then be able to look at the drive, figure out what's there and only download things that are missing. It shouldn't need to download getting on for a terabyte of samples when it's already on the disk. I can understand needing to download the applications as they're installed on the system drive.

Alternatively, cache the installers! For example, I do quite a bit of flight sim flying which has huge libraries for scenery. One of the companies that sells libraries has an installer that downloads the libraries and allows you to cache the installers on your choice of drive. If you want to reinstall or if you trash your system you just install their installer, point it at the cache location and you have no need to download stuff. If anything has updated since the cache was created it downloads the update patches and caches those too. A bit like a self-updating version of the old K12 drives.

-- Mike

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Hey, thanks for the feedback on the legibility of the Installed button. If we need to make some adjustments on Light Mode, happy to do it!! As to why, it's essentially a dead end at the moment, but we are looking to change that in Q1 with the ability to open products via Native Access. We intended to adjust the contrast to make it clear that you can't interact with it. But if you're not able to read it well, we'll make a small adjustment to improve that. Thanks for the feedback!!

• Hayo_NI
    Options

I like the idea of flagging stuff. Favoriting is not a new feature request but the idea of labelling in other ways is a nice idea! Will add it to the list :)

This discussion has been closed.