why does Native Access endlessly keep "installing" certain libraries?

Options
jimbao
jimbao Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

After a HD crash I tried to re-install my NI libraries. Some of them kept "installing" endlessly and I was not able to abort or suspend this proces. Even restarting Native Access did not change this. The same library was "installing" endlessly. Then I decided to installe the library outside of Native Access, using the iso filoe. This seemed to work. I could access the instruments of this library in Kontakt. But Native Access was still hanging in this endless loop of "installing". Does this look familiar to anyone here? And what would be a solution for this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answer

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,005 mod
    Options

Do you use newest version of Native Access ?

Quote "HD crash" , trying to 'recover' or re-install suggests that you could be accessing locations previously owned by another user , even if user have same as before then you must be sure that you are the owner of the drive and folder structure that you are trying to access ! After that it might still help to try running Native Access as an Admin !

Otherwise , you could also try installing it to another new location to see if that changes anything. Also in case of a problem then maybe not so good an idea to try to install to a location where files already exists...

• jimbao
    Options

I did not use the previously crashed HD and used a new one with plenty of space and removed the old one from the system. Before I installed the libraries I officially uninstalled them in Native Access. NA then made buttons available next to the library names in order to install them again. Most of the libraries installed flawlessly on the new drive, but some ended in this eternal loop that I don't know how to stop. The annoying thing is that I cannot use NA for anything else, because first this 'installing' loop has to be aborted.

Then I used the installer iso (so not in NA, but from the desktop) for every library that hung previously. They installed without a problem ! But NA still says no.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options

Is the installation path a very long one?

This could cause installations to get stuck

• jimbao
    Options

Nope, a folder in a folder on a HD

• jimbao
    Options

The fact that de installation ISO that made NA hang could be installed flawlessly outside of NA makes me think that NA is the problem. I downloaded NA again, but that did not solve the problem.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,005 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well , if nothing suggested in the forum helps then you have to contact support to get them to help. Please describe in details your setup and steps taken to try to solve problem and as you have described problem above : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053677-Download-Installation

• jimbao
    Options

thanks for the advice. I'll probably do what you suggested.