TRAKTOR PRO: Simplification and Visualization of the Interface

Options
Eduardo D'Queiroz
Eduardo D'Queiroz Member Posts: 11 Member
edited August 2023 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

Hello every!

I am an Open Format DJ and have been working with Traktor Pro for about 6 years. Recently, I acquired the Kontrol S2 MK3, but the theme I am proposing here involves everyone who uses TRAKTOR PRO.

I am referring to the better visualization of effects on/off, both in the MIXER FX and in the Global section.

When we are at home, preparing and the laptop is on the table, everything calm and quiet, everything works very well. But in clubs and events, sometimes the laptop is at a certain distance, with all the excitement of the dance floor, lights, and LEDs, the small details of the screen require a little effort and attention to be read.

I believe that the main issue is the MIXER FX, the visual feedback it offers to identify which effect is in use works okay. But the feedback on whether it is activated or not is just a small circle that works when we are close to the laptop, but in practice (as described at the beginning of the text), it is not really like that.

It may seem like a detail that is not so relevant, but not everyone has a KONTROL S4 MK3 that offers almost complete feedback of Traktor Pro. Many Traktor users use customized TSI's to support effects, some even use only the keyboard and mouse, relying solely on the interface for feedback. Therefore, reviewing some interface details would benefit everyone.

I saw that the global FX section has not had layout updates since the first version of Traktor, I used it as an example because it seemed more understandable, but I believe that the greater concern is the MIXER FX, as its visual feedback is much smaller.

If it seems like too radical a change, can add it as an extra feature in settings or test it in beta versions.

I hope the idea is understandable in the image I created ;)

1 votes

Closed · Last Updated

This idea did not receive enough support from the community.

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    Options

+1

We also had those small round buttons in NI hardware too. (Mk1 and Mk2)

Those are likely not going to change in the software, fingers crossed it does though!

• Eduardo D'Queiroz
    Options

Yes, the mk2 Fx buttons are small, but they are usable, the LEDs provide a good view.

For those who don't have hardware with LEDs to refer to, it just depends on the interface, the MX FX ON/OFF icons are really small.

Look at the image here, if you take a quick look at the Mixer, you probably won't be sure which deck is active in MXFX. The form I propose is more visual.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    Options

I agree 100%

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,760 mod
    Options

This is something i am missing for my screen-less controllers. The 'When-In-Use'-case should also apply to MixerFX, showing the value of the control when in use. Right now the value only shows with a mouse-over, which is basically useless.

• Eduardo D'Queiroz
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes true. I ended up forgetting to create a "When in use" example for MXFX. But it was intended to apply to that as well. I agree with you, it really is a necessity. Thank you for that. Here is the example;

This discussion has been closed.