NIPatcher - Tool to modify Maschine (MacOS)

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,723 mod

this needs to be a sticky

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod

Small little update:

After trying a bunch of solutions to bring this to windows i've settled on something I'm comfortable with and I am making progress.. Unfortunately cross-compatibility means remaking everything from scratch. The MacOS part is already redone but windows still needs some stuff sorted but it's close I think.

I can't do it personally since i made it so I am biased, it's up to the admins.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Looking forward to testing it.

Hope you're able to get the Jam thing working too because it's really annoying that it switches focus every time you select a pattern.

• Kirillsun
    Kirillsun Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Thank you for this fix!

for some reason, it works for standalone but doesn't work for the VST3 plugin.

I get "The VST3 plug-in could not be found"

• D-One

At what stage? When you press "Patch!" ?

Does NIPatcher successfully copy the VST3 to the desktop/NIPatcher?

If you go to the Info tab does NIPatcher show a check ✅ next to your VST3 plug?

• Kirillsun
    Kirillsun Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Thank you for your response.

Yes, it was showing check ✅ next to your VST3 plug.

I re-installed the Komplete Kontorl and tried again, it worked.

Thank YOU very much for this fix!!! size of the window was bothering me so much)))

• tylerdwhite
    tylerdwhite Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

You are an absolute don for this. Komplete Kontrol was basically useless to me - this is a game changer. Thank you.

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 47 Member
  • D-One
  • Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Very excited for the Windows version when you manage... 🤞

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Awesome, How can I make a VS3/2 large size as default on Ableton? Thank you.

• D-One

When Maschine launches it does not seem to use the 'Small', 'Medium' or 'Large' presets, I haven't found where it stores pixel size data on launch to be able to modify it with NIPatcher, yet.

But you dont need that anyway, I would just open MAS-Plug, set the size preset (small/medium/large) then you can drag-and-drop the device tittle bar into your User Library, Ableton saves all the Plugin States into a preset that you can then re-use, like so:

• Max Trau
    Max Trau Member Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2023

Hi,

I just learned about the existence of this patcher. Will it work with a MKII, a S49MKII and a Jam in Maschine Standalone ?

The Jam Focus feature would be VERY useful for me.

Thanks for your time and dedication

edit: i coulnd't wait to test it. It works fine, i finally have the jam pattern focus as i always wanted it to be. You drastically lowered the chance of me making mistakes during a live performance. Thank you for that.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert

No pressure…but…any news on the windows front? 😉

• D-One
    edited October 2023

Yes, HW doesn't matter except of course for the HW specific patches.

The Jam focus patch should not break anything for other HW - I think, but can't be sure as I don't own one to test so let me know.

I sort of gave up on Windows to be honest... I have it in a working state but it's more of a proof of concept atm, learning 2 platforms at the same time is too much for my humble knowledge lvl and patience. I also feel a bit conflicted about spending my time fixing things NI could fix in 2 minutes when I have nothing to gain from it, so I am not sure If i'll keep updating the app or just kill it.

If theres any devs out there familiar with flutter I'd happily upload and hand over what I have for Windows, someone with a bit of experience could prob finish it in a day, for me it would take a very long time, i can't justify the effort atm.