How to assign the Traktor CUE switch to a button on the Kontrol X1?

cheeseus
cheeseus Member Posts: 12 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello,

I'd like to assign the cue toggle buttons (deck A/B) in Traktor to buttons on the Kontrol X1 MK1 but I'm not sure how to do this. I've attached two screenshots – the first one shows the cue button I'd like to be able to toggle on/off using the controller, and the second one shows an assignment that already exists in the mapping but doesn't seem to do anything.

I hope you can help!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

Add In --> Mixer --> Monitor Cue (is the correct one)

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Glad t worked. It is a matter of duplicating that command, reassign to a different deck and finally map it to a different button on your controller.

• Stevan
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You are welcome!

The Deck Target is the same as Deck Focus. When the command is assigned to Deck Target is will work on the last Deck you click on in Traktor UI or if you focus it by using a mapping command.

Add In --> Layout --> Deck Focus Selector

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

in your second picture it is set to holdy have you tried to set it to toggle?

• cheeseus

I tried now. Nothing happens.

Do "norm.left.CUE" and "norm.right.CUE" refer to the CUE|REL buttons on the X1?

The strange thing is that the CUE|REL button worked previously: If the track is not playing, it created a cue point. Pressing it during playback returned the track to that cue point. Now – nothing (before changing it to "toggle"). I re-added (re-installed) the mapping hoping this would fix the problem but it didn't.

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Add In --> Mixer --> Monitor Cue (is the correct one)

• cheeseus

Thanks! I need little more help as this is the first time I'm trying something of the sort.

So, I did this: Add In --> Mixer --> Monitor Cue, selected Toggle, and assigned Shift.Left.3. And it works for the left monitor cue.

But how do I do it for the right one, too?

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Glad t worked. It is a matter of duplicating that command, reassign to a different deck and finally map it to a different button on your controller.

• cheeseus

Awesome! That's what I wasn't sure how to do but your prompt to assign in to a different deck helped. I first changed the first instance to "Deck A" (it was set to "Device Target" by default – not sure what that means), and then set the second instance to "Deck B".

Thank you for your help!

• Stevan
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You are welcome!

The Deck Target is the same as Deck Focus. When the command is assigned to Deck Target is will work on the last Deck you click on in Traktor UI or if you focus it by using a mapping command.

Add In --> Layout --> Deck Focus Selector