Fabfilter VST3's crashing Maschine SW (Windows)

myalteredsoul
myalteredsoul Member Posts: 201 Advisor
edited January 2023 in Maschine

Since the latest update, FabFilter VST3's will crash the Maschine Software. VST2's run without issue.

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited December 2022

Be more specific. Which ones, under what circumstances, what's your setup? I'm not seeing that on my Mac Studio

• hendy
    hendy Member Posts: 5 Member

same for me. fab filter pro q 3 vst 3 version crashes the maschine software. also happening for izotope iris 2, also only the vst 3 version, and this started happening after a recent update

• Kymeia

Iris is another issue they just haven’t updated it forever and it’s a bugfest

• myalteredsoul

Tried both with my Maschine MK3 using its interface connected and Maschine MK2 using an Arturia Audiofuse.

Computer setup is

Windows 10

Intel 12700H

16GB RAM

512GB Samsung EVO 970 NVME

1TB Samsung ev0960 SSD

Nvidia RTX 3070

Pro-!3 VST3 runs fine in Ableton and Cubase. Crashes in Maschine Standalone.

• hendy
    hendy Member Posts: 5 Member

might be, but in this case the vst3 version crashes maschine, the vst version doesn't. just wanted to point out it's probably not a fabfilter or an iris issue, but a maschine one.

• Kymeia

The VST2 is the older more reliable version in this scenario, the VST3 was added much later and has not been thoroughly tested and seems to be buggy everywhere but since development is stopped iZotope are never going to fix it anyway.

• Kymeia

OK I'm on Mac so maybe this is a Win issue - I have many Fabfilter plugins and have not experienced a crash in KK (I don't use Maschine as much but have tested them in Maschine and not had crashes yet)

Which ones are causing crashes and what is the thing you do that creates the crash specifically?

• myalteredsoul
    edited December 2022

All Fabfilter VST3's work fine for me in Komplete Kontrol.

VST3 versions of Pro-C, Pro-Q, Pro-R, Pro-DS, Pro-G, Pro-L, and Pro-MB crash when clicking the arrow to open the plugin interface in Maschine. They will run fine if you do not open the plugin interface.

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023

Thanks for the additional details - they are helpful in narrowing down the issue. I only have Pro Q3 (do you mean v3?) out of those as I mainly use the creative fx. However I don't get a crash clicking the arrow in Maschine on my Mac.

• myalteredsoul

Yes Pro-Q3.

• DieserTii
    DieserTii Member Posts: 2 Member

I have the same issue.

Maschine is sometimes crashing, when I add FabFilter PlugIns to the channel. Sometimes it seems to work fine - but when I open the PlugIn itself, Maschine is crashing. Also sometimes PlugIns pretends to load but it just hangs.

My Setup:

i5 11600

32gb RAM

GTX 1060

Win11

• DA RIPPER
    DA RIPPER Member Posts: 5 Member

Same problem also Fabfilter Q3 causes Maschine to crash ...vst 2 version works fine

Win 11

• kb420
    kb420 Member Posts: 24 Helper
    edited January 2023

Confirmed. Fabfilter Pro Q3. Windows 11. Latest patch. VST3.

VST2 version seems to be working just fine.

• nvaleri
    nvaleri Member Posts: 1 Member

Glad I'm not the only one. VST3 version of Fabfilter Pro-R crashes my project, seemingly only when applying in the second slot for individual sounds. Works fine on the Group level, and by itself in the first slot on the Sound level. Added as in the second slot- boom. Crashes every time.

Windows 11, latest Maschine install.