My Traktor S4 Screen Hack Is Returning!

Joe121
Joe121 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

A lot of people will be happy to know that updates will be retuning to my Traktor S4 screen hack.

If anyone is unfamiliar with my work, here is an article from DjTechTools from a few years ago when moving waveforms and the browser was added.

The project now has probably 10 times the amount of features and controls now as well as a full overhaul of the controls to allow the S4 and hack to work in perfect synchronisation.

Sadly due to music production, DJ residencies and Traktor limitations updates slowed down. After a year using it properly in clubs (15+ hours a week) with no live crashes since its creation, I have had plenty of time to assess the project as a whole and will be updating several things as well as adding new features.

Joe

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

Awesome. I am happy to hear it. 🦋

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

Good to hear, I'm looking forward to it.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Awesome. Welcome back. 😎

• daveb124
    daveb124 Member Posts: 84 Helper

hey, does having pattern players enabled in the fx units affect your hack at all?

• Bonjah
    Bonjah Member Posts: 15 Member

Great news! Will jump on the patreon sub again.🙏🏻

• Bonjah

Any update on the mod going to get release soon?🙂

• Bonjah

If people didnt know, the mod is updated. Last one was 24 august. So go over to patreon and become a member and download it.👏🏻

• Punky921
    Punky921 Member Posts: 5 Member

Gonna give this a go this weekend!

• Tellmeaboutit123
    edited November 2022

It is a really good hack. Joe must work for NI though as updates are ssssllllooooowwww and release update dates not kept 😂😂👍

• Bonjah

Hahaha, so true. Have he wrote anything since august? I stop my patreon until the next update.

• Tellmeaboutit123

Yeah I’m going to stop mine. I did like the ability to sort playlists though from the controller.

Check out @Stevan Trakor S4 mk3 mapping on DDTT. It’s free but if you like you can always drop a donation to him. It now works well with 3.7 RC1.

• rmn
    rmn Member Posts: 40 Helper

Yeah I’m going to stop mine. I did like the ability to sort playlists though from the controller.

I am unfamiliar with any details or implementations specifics of NI hardware, but browser sorting is available for the S8 and the modules for it are present in the library. Should not be that tall an order..

@Joe212: Imagine what could have been if NI opened up the platform for us to actively contribute our solutions and tools. All this time lost on building workarounds and studying the software could have been spent on, you know, music. I applaud you for sharing your work nonetheless. Over the past weeks I have been contemplating on it as well. All these relatively simple feature requests on the forum sparked the urge to help a brother out.

Sadly, under the current philosophy, without formal and open access to key components and configurations, I cannot justify sharing my work. The risk-reward tradeoff in voluntary contribution to a proprietary closed system simple does not work out.

Please, Native Instruments, open up and get rid of the limitations in tsi, nml, javascript and maybe qml. Allow us to share our solutions and ideas for navigating a music collection, optimizing control and interaction, dynamic mappings, custom and composite states, FX preset lists, mappings from tracks to FX presets, integrations with other tools and solutions, and what not.

Every line of code I write outside of your sphere is another step away from your business.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Updating that mapping as we speak. Somebody reported a bug that I was able to duplicate so woring on a fix now.

• Punky921
    Punky921 Member Posts: 5 Member

Hey so I tried this and I like it a lot! However, when I purchased (through Patreon) and downloaded the zip, the Screen Hack Effect Settings.tsi was missing. I know it's not critical but I would like to have it. Can anyone share it? DM me please!

• dankjuggler
    dankjuggler Member Posts: 10 Member

Where have you been?