Changing Track Sets For Balancing In Ableton Live 11 With Komplete Kontrol M32

kingshuk_2020
kingshuk_2020 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2022 in Komplete General

Hi, I recently bought a KK M32 and it is pretty bang for buck for me. I almost have all the features that I couldn't have in the other controllers at this price range, But I have a question.

In the track mode, KK M32's 8 knobs works as track volume controllers for the first 8 tracks in Ableton and panning controller while pressing shift. It is a very important feature for me as I am one of those who cannot set the volume well with a mouse :). But not all of my Projects can be max 8 tracks long right? so what can I do when I need to balance the next tracks after the first 8 tracks in ableton? Is there and way to move the set with the arrow keys like shown in the promo of S61 or quick assign the knobs to the voume and panning ? Please help, it will give me more control and speed up my workflow by a huge number! Thanks in advance!😁

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod
    Answer βœ“

lets say you are on track 1-8 but you have 16, you skip the 4D encoder to the right and it should go to select 9-16. Next time you use it to the right it will go to the sends and master. Back of course with skip it to the left.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

you use the 4D encoder and push it left or right to go through the tracks.

• kingshuk_2020

Thanks! that cleared the doubt by a bit, but can you explain the process a bit, like would i need to manually map the knob to the track after using the 4d encoder to selecting the track. and after selecting it which of the 8 knobs will control it and if only one knob controls one track at a time then what does the other 7 knobs do? also does pushing the encoder left or right moves the selection by a set (like 1-8 to 9-16) or individually? (like 8 to 9, 9 to 10)

• kingshuk_2020

Thanks! that cleared the doubt by a bit , but can you explain the process a bit , like would i need to manually map the knob to the track after using the 4d encoder to select the track and after selecting it which of the 8 knobs will control it and if only one knob controls one track at a time then what does the other 7 knobs do ? also does pushing the encoder left or right moves the selection by a set ( like 1-8 to 9-16 ) or individually ? (like 8 to 9, 9 to 10)

• Uwe303
    Answer βœ“

lets say you are on track 1-8 but you have 16, you skip the 4D encoder to the right and it should go to select 9-16. Next time you use it to the right it will go to the sends and master. Back of course with skip it to the left.

• kingshuk_2020

exactly the thing i needed to know. thank you so freaking much. i'm baggin it fosho.