About to spend all my money... is my plan ideal ?

Focus
Focus Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi everyone,

Since summer sales are here, I have finally convinced myself spending all of my savings on bundles.

I am very interested in the Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 + Komplete 13 Ultimate Bundle, but also in acquiring the Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to buy the bundle first and then the upgrade? Generally what do you think would be the best thing to do?

Thank you very much!

Best Answer

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Yes, I think buying the bundle first and then upgrade would save you money.

The upgrades are all available online, so there's really no additional waiting time.

Before you go ahead, make sure that you're OK with the known limitations -- research whether the screen resolution is what you need (they might look tiny on a 5k screen,) whether the plugins work on your particular computer (they might not work on an M1 CPU with M1 native hosts,) and whether the integration in general works with your host/DAW software. Chances are, it's fine, but being aware of possible limitations before spending money is always a good idea :-)

Answers

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Yes, I think buying the bundle first and then upgrade would save you money.

The upgrades are all available online, so there's really no additional waiting time.

Before you go ahead, make sure that you're OK with the known limitations -- research whether the screen resolution is what you need (they might look tiny on a 5k screen,) whether the plugins work on your particular computer (they might not work on an M1 CPU with M1 native hosts,) and whether the integration in general works with your host/DAW software. Chances are, it's fine, but being aware of possible limitations before spending money is always a good idea :-)

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited June 2022

Hey @Focus, Summer of Sound gives you 50% on upgrades and updates, so the ideal way would be:

Bundle S88 MK2 + Komplete 13 > Upgrade to Collector's Edition

Total is: 1849 EUR

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

The question also is, if you need K13U CE now. If you just start, K13 would do for certain time. And sooner or later K14 comes (my bet is sooner than later)... So, maybe upgrading from K13 to K14U CE next summer might be also option.

All depends on your needs. And also althought probable there is no guarantie next summer will be 50% Sale again...

• Focus

Of course, I will verify everything so that it all works fine. Thank you for your answer, I think I'll definitely chose that option :)

• Focus

This seems to be the best thing to do, once again I'll check if everything is okay so that I don't mess up the process (it's by far the most expensive think I have ever bought so I would prefer to be sure everything is fine haha)

• Focus

I actually prefer the Collector's edition since it features some specific plugins I really appreciate and that are not included in lower versions, sadly. Although I think I'll buy everything within this year's Summer Sales, I will surely upgrade when Komplete 14 will come if it is really interesting. Thank you for your help!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Yes I like K13U CE. ;-)