what pro & contra for updating Traktor Pro3 -> Pro4 ?

2»

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,539 mod

It's listed in one of the recent update posts as a bug. Like all the items listed, it's introduced with the new features and designated as a bug. This combo makes me believe there is a pretty high priority on it getting fixed sooner rather than later.

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 154 Helper

good hint with 2 Collection.nml-files 👍️

and also thanks for explaining of Patch´s post

• The Sarge

so, I bought now TP4

do I have to export my collection from TP3 and then import it in TP4 or simply say TP4 where the tracks & playlists are?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

You don't have to do anything, yes say yes to the import on the first start.

• The Sarge

thanks again, so I´m out for now, checking TP4 ^^

• The Sarge

wow, the fixing of the flickering is great, BUT now I got little delays (feeled like the same time as the flickering!) during editing tags

can someone recommend a (free) MP3-Tag-Editor? ofcourse the Traktor-things must stay in them, to not analyze all again ;)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

Depends on what exact and how your tagging workflow is: mp3tag or OneTagger

OneTagger is written by someone from the Traktor community, is modern and allows both getting some known tags (genre, artist, cover etc.) from online services, but also very very good at custom like like "upbeat" "sunrise set" "has vocals" or whatever you tag your music. And it allows to set custom shortcuts.

So you can go through a new playlists with just the keyboard and quickly set your most used tags.

Doing that in Traktor will give you cancer. Always has been horrible. One of the worst software for it 🤮

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 311 Pro

I've probably been using MP3Tag for decades, and I use it to bring every file up to my standard before it ends up in my collection.

Not only because of Traktor but also for my Plex server etc.

I can only recommend it, especially because nothing is done automatically against your will, everything is done manually.

Now also available in the Windows Store so you don't have to worry about updates.

• frankle
    frankle Member Posts: 46 Advisor

I use Kid3 for editing tags … nothing fancy but is available for Win, Mac, Linux … Android … and is really useful to bulk edit whole folders.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 301 Pro

+1 for MP3Tag here. Couldn't live without it. Learn Custom Actions and Action Groups. 👌

• The Sarge

so 3 to test & go, thank you guys