Komplete S88 MK2 Keyboard no longer playing through Maschine 2

Zenjiin
Zenjiin Member Posts: 4 Member

Hey all, I'm completely stumped. For years, I've been using my S88 Mk2 in tandem with my Maschine Mk3 through the Maschine 2 software. I could use the Maschine as a drum pad, load Kontakt and then seamless swap to my S88 to play whatever instrument I had loaded there.

Last week, I unplugged my set up to take my laptop and Maschine to a jam session, but when I got home and hooked everything back up, my S88 no longer functioned as a separate controller.

Now the S88 seems to just be an extension of the Maschine Mk3. It can trigger play/stop/record within the software, but the keyboard does nothing. If I switch the S88 to Key Mode then it operates as if it's the Maschine's Key Mode.

The keyboard works just find in Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt standalone, so it really seems to be an issue just within the Maschine software.

I have tried every troubleshoot suggestion I've found online, uninstalled and reinstalled Maschine 2, and still nothing seems to be working. I suspect there is a very simple box I've left unchecked or something of that nature, but I can't for the life of me find it.

I've included screenshots of Maschine in standalone mode, so please take a look and let me know if there's anything I've missed.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    edited October 11

Well, in the MIDI inputs the only one needed for the s88 to work with the Maschine software is the KOMPLETE KONTROL S88MK2 (port1). You can also leave the Maschine MK3, all the rest should be unticked. In outputs everything should be unticked:

Also make sure to give full disk access to Maschine, Komplete Kontrol: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Zenjiin
    Zenjiin Member Posts: 4 Member

@Jeremy_NI Thanks for the input! Unfortunately Ive tried leaving just those two checked and it doesn’t fix the problem. “Komplete Kontrol DAW” also automatically rechecks after I close the window, for what it’s worth. Would love to hear any other suggestions you might have as this has been going on for two weeks without a solve!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

I checked again and you're right the DAW port is checking itself. In my case, having these work, I mean I can play notes on the keyboard and hear them. Everything is functional.

So, does this happen with any kind of instrument? A Kontakt library, a Maschine kit, a Massive preset?