Ableton Live 12.1 Controller Remote Scripts update

SBkillabeatz
SBkillabeatz Member Posts: 36 Member
edited October 10 in Maschine

We need new controller Scripts for Ableton Live 12.1 for Maschine Studio, Jam, Mk2, Mikro Mk2!!!!! All controllers.

Would be great if NI could update their scripts and even add some more screen integration.
I think that would sell much more devices if the Ableton live integration was deeper on the KK keyboards similar the possibility to access device parameters like in the Maschine scripts.
At least the Keyboards scripts are still working but might need updating soon as well.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 267 Advisor

The problem is that these devices are end of life so I wouldn't expect NI to release any new scripts every time a new Ableton version comes along.

• SBkillabeatz

that would be very sad. It always shows the quality of a company if they support their hardware for future updates. I mean otherwise that would mean every time live come up with something new I need to buy a new Maschine. Doesn’t make much sense as a customer when other devices are kept being supported by other companies.

I have both, Maschine mk2 and studio both working still fine.

• dok.ryconn
    dok.ryconn Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 6

This really is super annoying and I hope someone ends up patching these scripts for Live 12.1 because Native Instruments definitely won't.

NI completely gave up on Ableton controller scripts way back when they made one for the Mk3 that basically does nothing. Without a 'Controller Editor' companion file for the Mk3 script, it's useless compared to the elaborate scripts they released for the Mk2 and JAM controller scripts.

• macchinista
    macchinista Member Posts: 47 Advisor

To me the real question is: why does a Live update require new scripts?

It seems more like an Ableton problem. Something is wrong if hardware manufacturers need to update their scripts everytime you release a new version.

Is it the same for say Bitwig?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,217 mod
    edited October 6

Because things must evolve…

Ableton scripts are written in python, occasionally they update the version used, when they do the old ones break.. they already went from python v2 to v3 a while back, maybe there is now a new 3.x version.

If a 3rd party makes the scripts then the 3rd party must update them, same way companies might need different drivers for Win 7, Win 10/11 or new MacOS versions. Ableton does collab with some companies on the scripts, those are the ones that already come pre-installed.

Would be great if NI could update their scripts and even add some more screen integration.

Not gonna happen, NI has shown no interest in improving the scripts, especially ones for old hardware like Mk2's or discontinued ones like Jam. The older scripts were outsourced to Jürgen Moßgraber if am not mistaken but starting on the Mk3 NI started doing it themself, not 100% sure tho… It's been a while since i snooped the code.

Best you can hope for is compatibility, but no new features for old HW, even for the Mk3/M+ it is highly unlikely to have new additions or tweaks.

i don't have m3 script installed so i don't know if that's affected as well.

It is.

I'd expect them to update the one for the MK3 only, but maybe they'll surprise us.

• ZAUNER
    ZAUNER Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi everyone,

With the upcoming release of Ableton 12.1, I’m wondering if there will be an updated integration script for the Maschine Mk3 and Maschine Jam. Currently, these controllers are key parts of many setups, and having smooth compatibility with Ableton 12 would be incredibly beneficial for workflow.

Are there any plans from Native Instruments to release a new script, or is there a way to make the existing scripts function seamlessly in Ableton 12?

Thanks in advance for any insights or updates!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,217 mod

I'm marking @Matthew_NI above reply as "the correct answer" so it get's pinned for information sake, it doesn't mean the issue is revolved it's just to make the statement stand out.

• DJ KEVI D
    DJ KEVI D Member Posts: 17 Member

So how long until you guys update the script?

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,274 mod

I cannot provide a timeline - this was unexpected and just happened, and we're in the middle of Maschine 3 development. Hopefully not too long.

• DJ KEVI D
    DJ KEVI D Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 10

Ok. Thank you. I'm glad you will be updating it. As long as you guys are working on it. And when the script is updated how will we be able to get it?

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 301 Guru
  • SBkillabeatz

It's great that you finally addresse this since everyone is screaming now.

I posted the problem already in July here in this forum...

Maybe the Forum team should talk with the developers now and then...

Seem like a fail here. Could have been addressed much earlier.

Also would be great if the integration of the keyboards knobs could go much deeper similar to what the Maschine scripts can do.

Please post a link to the new scripts in this thread once they are available. Thanks