Battery 4 development

1235»

Comments

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 312 Advisor

Yep however, if I look at my vouchers, they all say

You are eligible for the Steinberg 40th anniversary loyalty rebate. You can purchase a full version of Absolute 6 with a rebate of 70% off the regular retail price. Please click on ‘redeem’ to add Absolute 6 to your shopping cart and proceed to check out. This offer is only valid until October 9th, 2024.

So if anyone wants to give one a try, I still have some left.

• SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 151 Helper

Well, I already got Absolute 6.

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 111 Helper

Before Kontakt 8 was released I was speculating that perhaps an option for NI would be to integrate a Battery like UI into Kontakt, since Battery is really just a glorified sampler. Now after the release of V8 I'm starting to wonder that even more so.

With the advent of Conflux and Leap it's more easy to conceive that Kontakt 9 might come with the new Battery update/substitute. As with Leap, and Conflux to an extent, the features were already there, NI just made them more immediate and intuitive by presenting them in a new UI. It's now more easy to imagine that they will do the same with a drum sampler like Battery.

Personally, I would be fine with this approach. I would just feel a whole lot better about it if I new it would also import/convert Battery patches.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 122 Advisor
  • SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 151 Helper

• Limited to 8 sample slots.
    • Limited to their extremely questionably MIDI-note-to-slot choice (chromatically starting at C1). All your GM-drumming skills, all your MIDI files, all your virtual drummers, you name it - everything goes outta the window instantly.
    • No proper sample tweaking. No real filters per sample, no modulation options.
    • Lousy onboard sequencer limited to 4/4 and even note grids.

There's possibly more. Seriously, XO is quite a huge fail. Which is a pity because their sample organisation "cloud" along with the "similarity" functions is quite nice.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 122 Advisor

I agree with all of that. I wish there up to 16 instruments per set, instead of 8. It would also be good to be able to toggle chromatic versus GM layout. I don’t personally desire any more powerful sample editing in my drum machine than what’s available. But I do wish there was modulation options. And I also agree that it would be good to have non-4/4 sequences and variable sequence lengths for each instrument track in order to generate polyrhythms.

But despite all that… nothing compares to the librarian and workflow efficiency. For 95% of the people, 95% of the time, XO is going to help them create a great set of drums in about 10 minutes.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

Hey all, there's a new update from our Chief Product Officer, comments are still open, it might be the place to ask your questions and voice your concern:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/37065/october-2024-a-community-update-from-our-chief-product-officer